- Features of the dialog box
- Line break in the dialog box
- Special cases
- Application in the background: Specific case from Android 10
In french: Info
Displays a custom message in a system information window.
- This is a blocking information window. To continue running the application, the user must validate this window by clicking OK.
To avoid blocking the application, use InfoAsynchronous.
- WINDEV allows you to apply the skin template of your project to this dialog box. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes.
User_Name is string
User_Name = "Florence"
Info("Hello" + User_Name, "Welcome!")
Info(<Text> [, <Line 2> [... [, <Line n>]]])
<Text>: Character string
Text to display.
<Line 2>: Optional character string
Text displayed on the next line.
<Line n>: Optional character string
Text displayed in the following lines.
Features of the dialog box
- The title of the dialog box corresponds to the title of the current window (or page).
To comply with the system specifications, the title of dialog box is empty by default. To define this title, use NextTitle.
- To modify or define the title of dialog box, use NextTitle.
- The message is aligned to the left.
- The captions of buttons depend on the runtime language of Windows.
- The maximum number of characters cannot exceed 4096. If a larger string is passed as parameter, it will be truncated.
The entire string is displayed, regardless of its size.
- The icon displayed (information tooltip) cannot be modified.
To customize this dialog box
(and all the system dialog boxes in your application), check "Customize system windows (Info, YesNo, Confirm, Dialog)" in the "Style" tab of the project description. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes
Line break in the dialog box
The CR string (Carriage Return) can be used to force a break to the next line. For example:
Info("The XXX form was modified." + CR + "This form will be saved.")
is equivalent to:
Info("The XXX form was modified.", "This form will be saved.")
You also have the ability to use the syntax of multiline strings. For example:
The XXX form has been modified.
This form will be saved.
A system information window can be emulated by EmulateInfo
Application in the background: Specific case from Android 10
From Android 10, it is no longer possible to open a window when the application is in the background.
Info can open a window. If this function is used while the application is in the background, a fatal error will occur.
- It is possible to determine if the application is in the background using InBackgroundMode.
- If an application needs to interact with the user while it is in the background, the solution is to display a notification (via the Notification type). The application will be brought back to the foreground when the notification is clicked, if the ActivateApplication property is set to True. You can also open a window from the procedure passed to the ActionClick property.
This page is also available for…