- Background color
- Management of '&'
- Using the drawing functions
- Drawing in PHP
- Drawing in Browser code
In french: dTexte
// Initialize the drawing in an Image control
// Draw a text in light yellow
dText(10, 20, "Easy development", LightYellow)
// Calculate the size of a text
nTextWidth is int
dText(X, Y, MyText)
nTextWidth = TextWidth(EDT_Edit1, MyText)
dText(X + nTextWidth, Y, MyNextText)
dText([<Image>, ] <X-coordinate> , <Y-coordinate> , <Text> [, <Text color> [, <Management of &>]])
<Image>: Optional control name or optional Image, WDPic or picLayer variable
X-coordinate of text to draw (in pixels).
Y-coordinate of text to draw (in pixels).
<Text>: Type corresponding to the text to draw
Text to draw. This text can be:
- a string (without formatting marks such as TAB, CR, etc.),
- a numeric.
<Text color>: Integer or constant (optional)
Text color to use. This color can correspond to:
If this parameter is not specified, the color of the text:
- is Black if dPen has not been used beforehand,
- corresponds to the color specified in the last call to dPen.
<Management of &>: Optional boolean
- True (default value) if the "&" character must not be interpreted as an underline operator.
- False if the "&" character must be interpreted as an underline operator: the character following the "&" character will be underlined.
If this parameter is set to False
, the "&" character will not be displayed but the following character will not be underlined.
- The font used is "MS Sans Serif" (size 13).
- The writing direction is horizontal (from left to right).
- The coordinates of the upper-left corner of the image are (0,0).
- The "&" character is not interpreted.
To modify these parameters, use dFont
The default font may differ according to the system on which the application is run.
By default, the background color of an Image control is transparent. To change the background color of an Image control, use the BackgroundColor
Coordinates are specified with respect to the upper-left corner of the image or Image control (coordinates: (0,0)).
The coordinates correspond to the upper-left corner of the rectangle into which the text will be drawn. The precise location of the text in this rectangle depends on the size, shape and attributes of the font.
Management of '&'
The parameter <Management of & > makes it possible to manage the use of the '&' character.
- the "&" character must not be interpreted as an underline operator. For example:
dText(10, 10, "Tom&Jerry", LightRed, True)
will display "Tom&Jerry".
- the "&" character must be interpreted as an underline operator: the character following the "&" character will be underlined. For example:
dText(10, 10, "&Edit", LightRed, False)
will display "Edit".
Drawing in PHP
In PHP, the drawing functions are based on the graphic library GD. This library is commonly used by the PHP hosting companies and therefore it is always enabled. The version of the GD library must be version 2.0.28 (or later). This library can be downloaded from the PHP site.
To enable (if necessary) this library locally, the following elements are required:
- PHP installed.
- the PHP.INI file found in the Windows directory must contain the following line: "extension=php_gd2.dll" (instead of ";extension=php_gd2.dll").
- the php_gd2.dll file must exist in the directory of PHP extensions. This directory is defined in the PHP.INI file by the "extension_dir" variable.
Drawing in Browser code
Some drawing functions are available in Browser code. The drawing functions in Browser code are based on the HTML 5 standard. More specifically, these functions are based on the "canvas" tag of HTML 5.
The drawing features in browser code are available for the recent browsers only (supporting the HTML 5 standard). To find out whether the drawing features are proposed by your browser, use DrawingAvailable
Caution: To use the drawing functions with Internet Explorer 9, the project must include the reference to the DTD file. To do so, the HTML mode must be "HTML 4.01 Transitional + DTD". This option is available in the "Advanced" tab of the description window of project.
Reminder: To open the project description window, go to the "Project" tab, "Project" group and click "Description".
Special case: Drawing in the browser of an Android phone: The browser drawing functions are only available starting with version 3 of Android.
Unit examples (WINDEV): The drawing functions
[ + ]
Using the main drawing functions of WINDEV to:
- Initialize an Image control for drawing
- Draw simple shapes
- Write a text into a drawing
- Change the color in a drawing
Business / UI classification: Neutral code
This page is also available for…