- Using the drawing functions
- Drawing in PHP
- Drawing in Browser code
In french: dStylo
// Initialize the drawing in an Image control
// Declare the default color and style for the different lines
dPen([<Image>, ] <Color> [, <Line style> [, <Line thickness> [, <Opacity>]]])
<Image>: Optional control name or optional Image, WDPic or picLayer variable
<Color>: Integer or constant
Default color for the different lines. This color can correspond to:
- an RGB color (returned by RGB),
- an HSL color (returned by HSL),
- a WLanguage preset color.
- a variable of type Color. In this case, the opacity specified in the variable is taken into account.
<Line style>: Optional integer
Default style for the different lines:
- 0 (by default): Solid line
- 1: Dash (---)
- 2: Dotted line (...)
- 3: Dot and dash (-.-.-)
- 4: Dash and two dots (-..-..-)
- 5: Invisible line
Only the value 0 (solid line) and the value 5 (invisible line) are supported in browser code.
<Line thickness>: Optional integer
Thickness of the line in pixels (1 by default).
<Opacity>: Optional integer
Opacity of color, included between 0 (transparent) and 255 (opaque). An opacity set to 128 is used to blend 50% of the color with the existing color found in the control.
- This opacity will be taken into account if the drawing in the Image control has been initialized with the dWithOpacity constant (dStartDrawing).
- If the <Color> parameter corresponds to a variable of type Color, this parameter must not be specified: the opacity specified in the variable will be taken into account.
Drawing in PHP
In PHP, the drawing functions are based on the graphic library GD. This library is commonly used by the PHP hosting companies and therefore it is always enabled. The version of the GD library must be version 2.0.28 (or later). This library can be downloaded from the PHP site.
To enable (if necessary) this library locally, the following elements are required:
- PHP installed.
- the PHP.INI file found in the Windows directory must contain the following line: "extension=php_gd2.dll" (instead of ";extension=php_gd2.dll").
- the php_gd2.dll file must exist in the directory of PHP extensions. This directory is defined in the PHP.INI file by the "extension_dir" variable.
Drawing in Browser code
Some drawing functions are available in Browser code. The drawing functions in Browser code are based on the HTML 5 standard. More specifically, these functions are based on the "canvas" tag of HTML 5.
The drawing features in browser code are available for the recent browsers only (supporting the HTML 5 standard). To find out whether the drawing features are proposed by your browser, use DrawingAvailable
Caution: To use the drawing functions with Internet Explorer 9, the project must include the reference to the DTD file. To do so, the HTML mode must be "HTML 4.01 Transitional + DTD". This option is available in the "Advanced" tab of the description window of project.
Reminder: To open the project description window, go to the "Project" tab, "Project" group and click "Description".
Special case: Drawing in the browser of an Android phone: The browser drawing functions are only available starting with version 3 of Android.
Unit examples (WINDEV): The drawing functions
[ + ]
Using the main drawing functions of WINDEV to:
- Initialize an Image control for drawing
- Draw simple shapes
- Write a text into a drawing
- Change the color in a drawing
Business / UI classification: Neutral code
This page is also available for…