- A specific popup menu
- Operating mode
- Thumbnail for previewing the images or the PDF files
- Operating mode
AAF: File Path edit controls
The edit controls that use the "File name and full path" or "File name without path" input mask propose several AAFs (Automatic Application Features):
A popup menu is automatically proposed for the edit controls used to enter a file name and path.
This popup menu contains the following options specific to the files:
- "Browse": This option opens the Windows file picker to pick the desired file.
- "Open": This option is used to open the file in the associated software on the current computer.
- "Open with": This option is used to open the file in one of the software proposed by the system.
- "Open file location": This option is used to open the file explorer on the directory containing the file.
- "Print": This option is used to print the file.
- "Send by email": This option is used to send the file by email. The messaging software used is automatically opened and the file is added in attachment.
Remark: The "Browse" option is also available for the edit controls whose type is "Directory path".
The popup menu for the files and file paths is automatically implemented from the version 17.
Like all the popup menus proposed by the AAFs, you have the ability to configure the default options proposed by the control. For more details, see Configuring the AAF menus
- AAFExecute associated with specific constants is used to directly run the options of the context menu.
- AAFDisable associated with specific constants is used to delete some options in the context menu of the specified edit control.
Thumbnail for previewing the images or the PDF files
When entering or hovering a file path, if this file is an image or a PDF document, a resizable thumbnail is automatically displayed.
Therefore, the user can check whether the proper image or document was selected.
The size of the thumbnail is automatically calculated.
Remark: If necessary, the user can hide thumbnails via the "Disable image preview" option in the context menu of the file path.
The viewing of image files and PDF files in a thumbnail is automatically implemented from version 17.
In programming, AAFDisable
associated with the aafDisplayThumbnail
constant deletes the automatic display of the file thumbnail for the specified edit control.