- How to?
- Adding an incident
- Modifying an incident
- Fixing an incident
- Options accessible in the context menu of incident
- Transferring tickets between two batches of incidents
- Managing the projects for incident reproduction
- Attaching a reproduction project
- Retrieving a reproduction project attached to an incident ticket
Project Monitoring Center: Management of incidents
The Project Monitoring Center allows you to keep a history of the incidents encountered in your applications.
You can handle these incidents in the "Incidents" tab.
This tab lists all the incidents that match the specified criteria:
- incidents to fix,
- fixed incidents,
- incidents associated with a list of requirements,
- incidents associated with a requirement,
- incidents associated with a sprint,
- incidents associated with a tag,
This tab also allows you to:
Adding an incident
Several methods can be used to add an incident:
- Adding an incident into the Project Monitoring Center.
In this case, if a task is in progress in the Project Monitoring Center, a dialog box prompts you to link the incident to the current task.
- Adding an incident when processing the user requests.
- Adding an incident via the messaging provided with WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile.
- Adding an incident from the window for managing requirements.
To add an incident from the Project Monitoring Center:
- Open the "Incidents" tab.
- In the ribbon, in the "Incidents" group, click "New incident".
- If a task is linked to a requirement in progress, the Project Monitoring Center proposes to link the new incident to this requirement. This option can be modified in the Configuring the Project Monitoring Center.
- In the incident description window:
- Specify the incident description. You can format the text, etc.
- If necessary, indicate the tag(s) associated with the incident.
- Associate one or more images with the incident, to show an error message in context, for example. You can add one or more images from the clipboard, capture a part of the screen, add an image file, etc.
- If necessary, select an attachment.
- Complete the following information on the right section of the window:
- Author (the user connected to the Project Monitoring Center is selected by default).
- Contributor affected by the incident.
- The set of incidents (used to group incidents).
- The type of incident.
Remark: The different types of incidents can be configured by an administrator: in an "Incidents" tab, in the "Management" group, expand "Sets and types of incidents" and select "Manage the types of incidents".
- The project and, if necessary, the version of the project.
- The sprint associated with the incident, i.e. in which the incident will be fixed.
- The incident can be set to high priority. Priority incidents are easily identified in the incident list.
- Different tabs allow you to specify additional information if necessary:
- The "Reproduction" tab is used to specify the reproduction protocol of incident. For more details, see Managing the projects for incident reproduction.
- The "Resolution" tab allows the person who fixes the incident to enter any information relevant to the resolution of the incident.
It is also possible to specify a workaround (e.g. while waiting for the correction). When the workaround is added or modified, an automatic message is sent to the author.In this tab, the creator of the incident can also find the date the incident was fixed, as well as the version of the application the correction applies to.
- The "Customer information" tab is used to enter and display the email address of the client affected by the problem, the number of calls, etc.
- The "Links" tab is used to link the incident to a task or to a requirement.
- The "History" tab allows you to keep track of the different actions taken on a given ticket (change status, etc.).
- For incidents created via WDBal, the "Discussion thread" tab shows all the messages related to the incident. You can also print or reply to messages. The contributor can only see the messages they have sent or received.
- The "SCM" tab allows direct access to SCM resources if the incident is linked to a project available in the SCM.
- Validate. The incident is automatically added.
Modifying an incident
To modify an incident:
- Select the incident to modify in the list of incidents.
- The incident can be modified:
- Via "Modify" in the context menu.
- via the ribbon: in the "Incidents" group, click "Edit".
- By a double click performed on the line.
Fixing an incident
To fix an incident:
- Select the incident to fix in the list of incidents.
- The incident can be fixed:
- Via "Correct" in the context menu.
- Via the ribbon: in the "Incidents" group, click "Correct".
- By changing the status of the incident ticket via the incident description window. In this case, you can specify information relevant to the correction in the "Resolution" tab..
- If the incident is linked to a task, the incident is automatically fixed when the task is completed (and conversely).
- If the contributor who created the incident uses WDBal, the messaging tool provided with WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile, they will automatically receive a message indicating that the incident was fixed. The links between the messaging and the Project Monitoring Center are configured in the Project Monitoring Center settings.
The different states of an incident
Apart from being fixed, an incident can have one of the following states:
- Pending, if the incident has not been fixed. This status is applied to new incidents by default.
- Archived, if the correction of the incident has been verified and validated.
- Needs more info, if the incident is not detailed enough and needs more information. In this case, the incident is reassigned to the author so that they can complete the ticket.
- Won't fix, if the incident cannot be fixed (e.g., the incident is reproduced only on an obsolete machine).
Options accessible in the context menu of incident
The context menu of the list of incidents is used to:
- Create a new incident.
- Modify an incident. The incident description is automatically displayed.
- Fix an incident. A window is displayed, allowing you to type the correction information.
- Print an incident. The print preview of incident description is displayed.
- Reassign an incident. All you have to do is select the relevant contributor. You also have the ability to specify the reasons for the assignment.
- Merge multiple incidents (for example, two incidents related to the same problem). In this case, a new window allows you to select the incident to be merged with the current incident.
- Manage notifications. By default, the notification options are the ones specified when Configuring the Project Monitoring Center ("Messaging" option). However, the user can:
- be notified when the incident is archived or fixed.
- ask for a notification for several contributors. An additional message can be added to the message sent by default.
Reminder: the notifications are sent via the messaging tool named WDBal.
- Delete an incident. This operation can be performed by authorized persons only.
- Link the incident to a new task or to an existing task. This allows you to create a "Debugging" task linked to one or more incidents for example.
Transferring tickets between two batches of incidents
You have the ability to transfer all the incidents from a batch to another one. To do so:
- Open the window for managing the batches of incidents: In the "Management" group, expand "Batches and types of incidents" and select "Manage batches of incidents".
- Click .
- You can choose to transfer some incidents only (pending, fixed, etc.).
- The transfer of incidents cannot be reversed.
- This option is available for the "Administrator" contributors only.
Managing the projects for incident reproduction
A reproduction project can be attached to each incident.
Attaching a reproduction project
To attach a reproduction project, click "Reproduction information wizard" in the incident creation window. A wizard will help you select a project, attach a screen copy and/or a comment.
This wizard is also accessible when entering a new incident via the messaging tool in the Control Centers.
Retrieving a reproduction project attached to an incident ticket
When the incident is processed by the developer, the reproduction project can be retrieved locally by selecting "Install attachments" in the context menu of the list of incidents.
This page is also available for…