Renames (or moves) a file found on the FTP server (File Transfer Protocol) or on the RPC server (Remote Procedure Call) powered by WINDEV.
: To allow (or not) the use of this function on an FTP/RPC server, call NetServerOption
Res is int
FTPServerID is int
FTPServerID = NetConnect("18.104.22.168", FTPServer, "GUEST", "")
// Rename a file on the server
Res = NetRenameFile(FTPServerID, "C:\HISTO\YEAR98.TXT", ...
IF Res <> 0 THEN
// Procedure for error process
<Result> = NetRenameFile(<Connection identifier> , <Name of source file> , <Name of Renamed File>)
Result of the modification:
- 0: The file found on the server was renamed
- 2: The file to rename does not exist
- 5: Access denied
- 17: Move not allowed from a disk to another one
- 19: Write-protected diskette
- 32: The file is currently used by another program
- 183: A file with the same name already exists
<Connection identifier>: Integer
Identifier of the connection for the client computer (returned by NetConnect).
<Name of source file>: ANSI character string
Name and full path of the file to rename on the server.
<Name of Renamed File>: ANSI character string
Name and full path of the renamed file. If the path is different while the file name remains the same, the file will be moved (on the same disk only).