|StringCompare||Compares two strings character by character:|
- according to the sequence of ASCII characters.
- according to the alphabetical order.
|StringFormat||Formats a character string according to the selected options.|
- the number of occurrences of a specific character string (by respecting the search criteria) in another character string.
- the number of occurrences of a set of strings in an array.
|Complete||Returns a character string of a specified length.|
|CompleteDir||Adds a backslash to the end of a string, if necessary.|
Versions 09 and laterRightRight |Extracts the right part (i.e., the last characters) from a string or buffer.|
|ExtractString||Allows you to:|
- extract a substring from a string based on a specified string separator.
- search for substrings in a string based on a specified string separator.
Versions 09 and laterLeft New in version 09LeftLeft |Extracts the left part (i.e., the first characters) from a string or buffer.|
|Reverse||Returns the character that corresponds to the difference between the ASCII code of a specific character in a string and 255.|
- a substring from a string starting at a specified position.
- part of a buffer starting at a specified position.
|Position||Finds the position of a specified string within another string.|
|PositionOccurrence||Finds the Xth position of a string within another string.|
|Replace||Replaces all occurrences of a specified substring in a string with another specified substring.|
|RepeatString||Concatenates N number of copies of the same specified string or buffer.|
|NoAccent||Converts accented characters in a string to non-accented characters.|
|NoSpace||Returns a string after removing the spaces: |
- from the left and right side of the initial string.
- within the string.
- the length of a string, i.e., the number of characters in the string (including spaces and binary zeros).
- the size of a buffer, i.e., the number of bytes in the buffer.
|TypeVar||Identifies the type of an expression, a variable (during a call to a procedure for example) or a control.|
Versions 09 and laterVal New in version 09ValVal |Returns the numeric value of a character string.|