- Testing the application
- Creating the executable
- Installing an application
Running the test of the User Groupware and installing it
From version 18
, the User Groupware evolves. This help page corresponds to the User Groupware kept for backward compatibility. For help on the new version of the User Groupware, see User Groupware
During the test of an application that supports the user groupware, the first window or page displayed is the login window or page (regardless of the first window or page defined in your application).
A single user is created by default: the supervisor. To login as supervisor, enter the following information in the login window or page:
- Name: SUPERVISOR
- Password: SUPERVISOR
You can test your application, or configure the User Groupware.
- If you don't want to set the first window/page of your application as the login window/page, select "Manual start" in the User Groupware options. Simply use gpwOpen to open the login window.
- The windows or pages for managing the user groupware are run before the initialization code of the project.
- The first window or page of your application (defined in the project) will be run after the login window or page (when the user is not the supervisor.
- To avoid starting the user groupware when running the application tests, uncheck "Workshop .. Configure the user groupware". If the user groupware is re-enabled later, the data files previously used by the user groupware will not be erased.
The executable of an application that supports the User Groupware is a multi-instance executable.
When creating the executable that manages the user groupware ("Workshop .. Executable .. Generate the Windows executable"), a screen specific to the user groupware is displayed in the different steps for creating the executable.
This enables you to define the location of the common files of the User Groupware (files containing the information about the users). These files can be common to several applications. In this case, you must specify the path of data files to use.
By default, this directory corresponds to a sub-directory of the executable directory (EXE\GPW_<Project Name>_GPW directory).
Remark: The path of common data files can also be specified when installing the application.
Installing an application
To install an application that uses the User Groupware, select "Workshop .. Create setup procedure".
In the setup creation wizard, you can customize the path of the groupware files ("Customize the path of the groupware files during setup" in "Database parameters").
In this case, a screen specific to the User Groupware will be displayed when the application is installed. This screen allows the person who installs the application to:
- configure the location of the data files specific to the User Groupware. For more details, see The files of the user groupware.
- enable the history of connections.
- enable user authentication via an LDAP directory. In this case, you will have to enter the address of the server, the port number and the LDAP version used.
- If the User Groupware data files have been configured for your client, they must be selected when preparing the setup. Therefore, the list of setup files must be customized.
- If the groupware data files have not been configured, the Supervisor will be the only user in the application the first time it is started.
Tip: If you do not configure the different use levels of user groupware for your clients, we recommend that you provide them with a document listing all the controls found in your windows or pages in order to get an optimized configuration.
This page is also available for…