- Configuring the User Groupware for the multilingual feature
- Translating the windows or pages of user groupware
- Translating the windows or pages for the multilingual applications
- Running the application in the requested language
User Groupware and multilingual application/site
From version 18
, the User Groupware evolves. This help page corresponds to the User Groupware kept for backward compatibility. To get this help page for the new version of the User Groupware, see User Groupware: Multilingual applications
If your application is a multilingual application, the multilingual feature must also be managed in the windows/pages of user groupware. By default, the windows/pages of user groupware support English/American and French.
This help page explains how to:
- Configure the User Groupware in order to use it in a multilingual application.
- Translate the different windows or pages of user groupware.
- Run the application in the requested language.
Configuring the User Groupware for the multilingual feature
To include the windows or pages of the User Groupware in a multilingual application:
- Select "Workshop .. Configure the User Groupware".
- Make sure that the following options are selected:
- Enable the management of user groupware
- Custom integration
- Check whether "Manual run" is checked.
Translating the windows or pages of user groupware
Translating the windows or pages for the multilingual applications
The windows or pages of user groupware are available in English and in French by default.
To translate these windows or pages into other languages, all you have to do is translate the different captions, ... of these windows or pages (using WDMSG
if necessary, to extract the messages to be translated). WDMSG is an optional tool of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile used to check out and to check in all the messages to translate.
Running the application in the requested language
To run the multilingual application while managing the User Groupware, you must:
- Ask if necessary) for the language in which the application must be run (via a specific window or page for example.
- Configure the runtime language of the application with Nation.
- Open the first window or page for managing the User Groupware with gpwOpen.
// Initialization code of project
// open the window for language selection
nLanguage is int = Open(WIN_Select_Language)
// Configure the language for the application
// Start the first window of user groupware
This page is also available for…