- Installing and starting WDMSG 28
- Setup package
- Extraction files
You can create multilingual projects in WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile. In this case, all the text of the project (from windows, pages, reports or controls) must be translated into the different languages.
A project can be translated using the following methods:
- You can translate the different elements of your project as you go along. The translation can be entered in the "Details" tab of the element description window.
You can easily translate using the "Translate" button . The "Translate" button translates a selected input area according to the preferences defined in the options of the IDE used. Reminder: To configure the desired options, go to the "Home" tab, "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of WINDEV/WEBDEV/WINDEV Mobile". This solution is suitable for small-size applications, but can quickly become tedious.
- You can use WDMSG. This tool extracts the text that can be translated or corrected from your project. Once translated, the text can be reintegrated with WDMSG.
WDMSG is an optional tool of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile. If you do not own WDMSG, contact the PC SOFT sales department or visit www.windev.com.
The extraction process creates an "Extraction file" with all the messages, text of controls, etc. This file can be:
- a text file,
- an HFSQL data file,
- a WDMSG file (default recommended format).
If the extraction file is an HFSQL data file or a WDMSG file, the different elements of the file need be translated with WDTRAD. WDTRAD is a powerful translation tool that uses a dictionary.
If you already use a dictionary from another translation software (often referred to as a "Translation memory"), it can also be used with WDTRAD. This allows you to take advantage of all the features of WDTRAD.
If the extraction file is a text file, the different elements of this file can be:
- translated directly or via a translation tool.
- checked by a spelling checker.
- modified to standardize messages, titles, etc.
When translating or correcting text from the extraction file, the file format (specific to WDMSG) must not be modified. Changing the file format would prevent reintegrating the text that has been translated or edited.
WDMSG can also be used to:
- extract text added or edited since the last extraction. With this feature, you can make sure that all the text is translated. You can then translate and reintegrate this text into your project.
- compare the project text between two languages. This feature identifies any possible errors (e.g., same text in both languages, or missing translations). You can then fix any problems and reintegrate the text into your project.
For more details, see Using WDMSG
Installing and starting WDMSG 28
- WDMSG 28 is available for download. The download link is sent to you by email and/or with the package.
- WDMSG 28 must be installed in the setup directory of WINDEV 28, WEBDEV 28 or WINDEV Mobile 28.
Caution: WDMSG 28 is compatible with WINDEV 28, WEBDEV 28 and WINDEV Mobile 28.
- WDMSG 28 can be started directly from WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile 28.
- You must use the dongle provided with WDMSG 28.
- Only the projects developed in WINDEV 28, WEBDEV 28 or WINDEV Mobile 28 can be handled by WDMSG 28.
The WDMSG setup package 28 allows you to install the following elements:
- WDMSG 28 and WDTRAD 28: text extraction and translation tools for WINDEV 28, WEBDEV 28 and WINDEV Mobile 28 projects.
- WDINT 28: extraction tool for text displayed by WINDEV, WINDEV Mobile and WEBDEV frameworks (".DLL" files) and by Automatic Application Features (AAFs).
- The extraction file in text format created with WDMSG 28 can be translated via a specific translation software or with WDTRAD 28, the translation tool provided with WDMSG 28. WDTRAD 28 creates a new file containing the translated text.
- The extraction file in HFSQL data file format or in WDMSG format created with WDMSG 28 can only be translated using WDTRAD 28, the translation tool provided with WDMSG 28. The text translated with WDTRAD 28 is in the same file.
This page is also available for…