- How to?
- Creating a link on text
- Displaying the properties of a link on text
- Creating a link on an image
- Deleting a link on text
- Deleting all the links on the text found in a page
- Deleting one or more links on an image
The links allow the users to move between the different pages of the help system and to browse the help system. A link can be established:
- on a word or on a group of words.
- on an image.
The link is used to open a new help page.
WINDEV allows you to create a link to:
- a help page of the current help system.
- an anchor in a help page of the current help system.
- a help page of another help system found in the project.
- an Internet page.
Creating a link on text
To create a link:
- Display the help page that will contain the link in the help editor.
- Select the group of words for which the link must be created.
- On the "Modification" tab, in the "Edit" group, click "Link". You can also select "Insert a link" in the context menu. The window for the link properties is displayed.
- Modify the characteristics of the link. For more details, see Link properties.
Displaying the properties of a link on text
When it is created, the link is used to display the help page specified in the current help window: the new help page replaces the help page currently displayed.
These characteristics can be changed via the link properties
. You can, for example, display the help page in the format of a "popup window".
To display the link properties:
- Position the mouse cursor on the link text.
- Double-click the text of the link or select "Properties of the link" from the popup menu (right mouse click).
Creating a link on an image
The images inserted into a help page can contain one or more links toward other pages. These images are called clickable images. These links can be created when the image is inserted into the help page or later via the properties of an image.
Deleting a link on text
To delete a link:
- Display the help page containing the link in the help editor.
- Position the mouse cursor on the word or on the image containing the link.
- Select "Delete the link" in the context menu. The link is automatically deleted.
Deleting all the links on the text found in a page
To delete all the links found in a page:
- Display the help page in the help editor.
- Position the mouse cursor in the page.
- Select "Delete all the links" from the popup menu.
Deleting one or more links on an image
To delete the links established from an image:
- Select the clickable image.
- Select "Image properties" from the popup menu.
- Select the link to delete and click the "Delete" button. For more details, see Image properties.