- Image properties
- Displaying the properties
- Selecting and viewing the image
- Managing the clickable areas
Image properties (help system)
The characteristics of an image inserted into a help page can be modified via the image properties. These properties are used to:
- view and select the image file.
- manage the clickable areas of image.
Displaying the properties
To display the image properties:
- Select the image.
- Select "Image properties" in the context menu (right mouse click).
Selecting and viewing the image
The current image file is displayed in preview mode.
This image can be modified via the
- The "Browse" option opens a file picker.
- The "Catalog" button that is used to open the image catalog provided with WINDEV.
Managing the clickable areas
The clickable areas are used to define the areas that will be clicked by the user. When these areas are hovered, the mouse cursor turns into a hand, indicating that the user can click.
The same image can contain several clickable areas.
To create a clickable area:
- Click the "New" button.
- Define the link associated with the clickable area. This link can display a page or an anchor found in the current help system, a page found in an internet site or a page found in another help system. For more details on links, see Properties of a link.
- Define the click area either with the mouse or with the "Clickable area parameters" controls.
Remark: To make the clickable area cover the entire image, click "Entire image".
To delete a clickable area:
- Select the clickable area to delete.
- Click the "Delete" button.