- How to?
- Creating the help system of an application
- Displaying the properties of the help system
Creating the help system in WINDEV
The main steps for creating a help file (HLP or CHM) are as follows:
Creating the help system of an application
To create the help system of your application:
- Open your project in WINDEV.
- Click in the quick access buttons.
- In the window that appears, click "Architecture", and then "Help".
- The help creation wizard starts automatically.
- Go to the next step of the wizard and specify:
- the name of the help system,
- a short description of the help system.
- Go to the next step of the wizard.
- Enter the information that will be displayed in the "About" box (caption, copyright, ...). Go to the next step of the wizard.
- Select the application windows for which a help page must be generated.
The option "Automatically generate the help button in each window" is used to automatically create a help button in each selected window. This button will automatically open the corresponding help page. Go to the next step of the wizard.
- Select the application reports for which a help page must be generated. Go to the next step of the wizard.
- Validate. All the specified help pages are created and displayed in the help editor. Each page can now be modified, deleted, ... in the help editor.
- Save the help: a WDH file is created in your project.
|List of help pages. |
This list corresponds to the table of contents of the generated help file
|Image of the window or report associated with the help page.|
This image is displayed in a header area.
This image corresponds to the window or to the report associated with the help page in edit. This image can be moved to the body area of the help page for example.
|Title of the help page. |
This title is displayed in a header area. This area can have a specific background color.
|Body of the help page. |
Contains the text, the images, the links, ... of the help.
|Tabs used to go from the summary to the index.|
: Once your help system is created, use one of the following methods to open this help system in the help editor:
- on the "Home" tab, in the "General" group, expand "Open", select "Open", then select the corresponding help file (WDH file).
- select the "Helps" folder in the "Project explorer" pane and double-click the name of the help system.
Displaying the properties of the help system
The properties of the help system are used to define:
- the logical name of the help system,
- the default page displayed by the help,
- the languages supported by the help system,
To view the properties of the help system, go to the "Modification" tab, "Help system" group and click "Description".