- Overview of the HTML Display control
- Creating an HTML Display control
- Characteristics of the HTML Display control
- Options of the "General" tab
- Options of the "Details" tab, "IE/Edge ActiveX (compatibility)"
- "Enable zoom" ("UI" tab in the control description window)
Overview of the HTML Display control
The HTML Display control is used to display a Web page in an application. Thus, in 1 line of code, without using an external browser, your WINDEV applications can display a page of a website. This control is based on Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF).
Creating an HTML Display control
To create an HTML Display control:
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Other controls" group, expand "HTML" and select "HTML Display".
- Click at the desired location to create the control. The control appears in the editor.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
Characteristics of the HTML Display control
Options of the "General" tab
The "General" tab of the control description window allows you to directly enter HTML code or the address of the HTML page to be displayed.
Remark: Any HTML code entered must be between the <HTML> and </HTML> tags.
This option is used to allow (or prevent) the execution of scripts called from the HTML code of the control.
This option is ignored: the execution of scripts is always allowed.
If this option is unchecked, you can:
- Allow popups:
Options of the "Details" tab, "IE/Edge ActiveX (compatibility)"
The "Details" tab of the control description window includes the Use IE/Edge ActiveX to display content (compatibility) option in IE/Edge ActiveX (compatibility). This option allows you to use the HTML Display control via the Internet Explorer ActiveX plug-in (and no longer Chromium CEF). You can then select the desired rendering engine.
Caution: To use an HTML Display control in "IE/Edge ActiveX (compatibility)" mode:
- in a WINDEV application, Internet Explorer version 4 or later (version 11 recommended) must be installed on the development computer and on the deployment computer. WINDEV's HTML Display control is in Internet Explorer 7 mode.
To display WEBDEV pages in this control, those pages pages must be generated in HTML + Edge mode.
- in an application in simulator mode, Internet Explorer 4 or later (version 11 recommended) must be installed on the development computer.
- in an iOS 9.0 application (and later), you must respect the security options. By default, the HTML Display control can only access sites that use an HTTPS connection in compliance with Apple's guidelines. To access other sites (HTTP for example), you must either provide the list of corresponding domains, or disable the security for all the domains. These operations are performed in the iOS application creation wizard. For more details, see Generating an iOS application.
"Enable zoom" ("UI" tab in the control description window)
The "Enable zoom" option:
- allows the user to pinch zoom.
- displays the zoom buttons.
To play HTML 5 videos in an HTML Display control
- Check "Allow execution of scripts" ("General" tab in the control description window).
- Enable the device acceleration on the window. To do so, you must edit the manifest of the application.
- In the generation wizard, go to the "Configuration" step.
- Click "Advanced configuration".
- Click "Edit the manifest".
- Expand the "application" node.
- Select the "activity" node corresponding to the window containing the HTML control.
- Add an attribute to this node while specifying "android:hardwareAccelerated" as name and "true" as value.
- Validate the modifications
- Finish the wizard.
Complete examples (WINDEV): WD Simple Internet Browser
Complete examples (WINDEV): WD Mail
Unit examples (WINDEV): HTML types (HTMLDocument, HTMLNode, HTMLAttribute)
Unit examples (WINDEV): The HTML control
This page is also available for…