- Overview of the HTML Display control
- Creating an HTML Display control
- Characteristics of the HTML Display control
- Options of the "General" tab
- Options of the "Details" tab, "IE/Edge ActiveX (compatibility)"
Overview of the HTML Display control
The HTML Display control is used to display a Web page in an application. Thus, in 1 line of code, without using an external browser, your WINDEV applications can display a page of a website. This control is based on Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF).
Creating an HTML Display control
To create an HTML Display control:
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Other controls" group, expand "HTML" and select "HTML Display".
- Click at the desired location to create the control. The control appears in the editor.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
Characteristics of the HTML Display control
Options of the "General" tab
The "General" tab of the control description window allows you to directly enter HTML code or the address of the HTML page to be displayed.
Remark: Any HTML code entered must be between the <HTML> and </HTML> tags.
This option is used to allow (or prevent) the execution of scripts called from the HTML code of the control.
If this option is unchecked, you can:
If this option is selected, simply use WL.Execute in the HTML code of the control to execute a WLanguage procedure. The following syntax must be used:
WL.Execute(<WLanguage procedure name>, <Parameter 1>) [, ... [, <Parameter N>]]] )
- <WLanguage procedure name> corresponds to the name of the procedure to be executed.
- <Parameter N> corresponds to the different parameters to be passed to the procedure:
- Number of parameters:
- between 0 and N.
- Type of parameters:
- The parameters of the WLanguage procedure will be passed according to their type: boolean, string, number, null.
- WLanguage procedure
ToastDisplay("Called from JS: " + t)
- Code of HTML control:
s is string = [
<title> A simple example
<h1> This is an HTML page </h1>
<p id="demo">A paragraph</p>
<button type="button" onclick="myFunction()">Try</button>
HTM_NoName1 = s
- Allow popups:
Options of the "Details" tab, "IE/Edge ActiveX (compatibility)"
The "Details" tab of the control description window includes the Use IE/Edge ActiveX to display content (compatibility) option in IE/Edge ActiveX (compatibility). This option allows you to use the HTML Display control via the Internet Explorer ActiveX plug-in (and no longer Chromium CEF). You can then select the desired rendering engine.
Caution: To use an HTML Display control in "IE/Edge ActiveX (compatibility)" mode:
- in a WINDEV application, Internet Explorer version 4 or later (version 11 recommended) must be installed on the development computer and on the deployment computer. WINDEV's HTML Display control is in Internet Explorer 7 mode.
To display WEBDEV pages in this control, those pages pages must be generated in HTML + Edge mode.
Complete examples (WINDEV): WD Simple Internet Browser
[ + ]
This example presents the features of WINDEV's HTML control and includes a simplified web browser with browsing history, favorites, etc.
Complete examples (WINDEV): WD Mail
[ + ]
This application is an email client developed in WINDEV. It is based on the Email objects.
This email client is used to retrieve and send emails by using the POP, IMAP and SMTP protocols.
You have the ability to apply filters to the incoming emails.
The application can also be used to manage several email accounts. The writing of an email is based on the HTML edit control.
Unit examples (WINDEV): HTML types (HTMLDocument, HTMLNode, HTMLAttribute)
[ + ]
This example shows how to use the HTMLXxx WLanguage types (HTMLDocument, HTMLNode, HTMLAttribute)
Unit examples (WINDEV): The HTML control
[ + ]
Using an HTML control
This page is also available for…