- Overview of Calculated control
- Control of a report
- Creating a calculated control
- Important: Difference between calculation and calculation on break
- Specific "Calculated" control: "Currency + Euro"
Overview of Calculated control
Control of a report
The "Calculated" control is used to perform calculations in a report. These calculations can be made:
- on an item of the data source.
- on a control found in the report.
- through programming.
Creating a calculated control
To create a "Calculated" control:
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Text" group, click "Calculation".
- Click the position where the control will be created in the report.
- In the Calculated control creation wizard, specify:
- whether the calculated control counts the records.
- whether the calculated control performs a calculation on an item or control. In this case, select the type of calculation (sum, average, ...) and the source for calculation (control name or item name).
- whether the calculated control displays a calculation performed through programming. In the list, select the mask to use.
This information can be modified in the description window of the control ("Description" from the popup menu).
Important: Difference between calculation and calculation on break
In the calculations on break, the control is re-initialized after each break.
Specific "Calculated" control: "Currency + Euro"
For a "Currency + Euro" Calculated control, you have the ability to manage:
- the stored currency: currency of data found in the data source of report. If the control is handled through programming, the currency used for the value will be the stored currency.
- the displayed currency: currency used to display the value in the report. This currency can differ from the stored currency. The conversion is automatically performed.
- the dual display: two "Currency + Euro" controls can be bound. The value displayed in the base control is automatically converted in the tracker control.
This page is also available for…