Extracts the text found in a PDF file.
MyString is string
MyString = PDFToText("C:\Temp\MyDocument.pdf")
// Display in a multiline edit control
EDT_EditMultiText = MyString
<Result> = PDFToText(<PDF file> [, <Pages to extract> [, <Password> [, <Options>]]])
<Result>: Character string
Text of PDF file.
<PDF file>: Character string
Name and path of PDF file to analyze.
<Pages to extract>: Optional character string
Range of pages the text must be extracted form. The format used is identical to the one used in the standard printout boxes: individual page numbers of range of pages separated by semi-colons. For example, "1;3;4;6-10;12" means that pages 1, 3, 4, 6 to 10, and 12 will be processed.
If this parameter is not specified or if it corresponds to an empty string (""), all the pages are extracted.
<Password>: Optional character string
Password required to open the file if the PDF file is password protected.
<Options>: Integer constant
Text splitting mode:
|pttCompatible||Split PDF text using the algorithm from versions 24 and earlier. |
|Split PDF text using an optimized algorithm. This splitting may be different from previous versions. |
Conversion from PDF to text
- The formatting of the document is lost when the conversion is performed from PDF to text.
- The text is extracted in the order or appearance of the PDF commands and it is sequentially written into the result string. The organization of the text in paragraphs and in blocks is kept (as well as the CR characters).
- The Unicode characters are not returned.
- The data found in a PDF form is not extracted (this data is not stored in the PDF file).
- PDFIsProtected is used to find out whether a password is required to open a PDF file.
- PDFNumberOfPages returns the total number of pages found in a PDF file.
Business / UI classification: Business Logic