- Use conditions
- Row characteristics
- Changes in a Table or TreeView Table control based on a data file
In french: TableModifie
Modifies a row in:
- a Table control,
- a TreeView Table control,
- TAB characters into the columns,
- all types of values into the columns.
// Modify the "Paul" and "Moore" elements on the fifth
// row of the "TABLE_CustomerTable" control
TableModify(TABLE_CustomerTable, "Paul" + TAB + "Moore", 5)
// Modification in a column of a Table control
TableModify(COL_LASTNAME, "Moore", 5)
TableModify(<Table control> , <Row> [, <Index>])
<Table control>: Control name
Name of the control to be used. This control can correspond to:
If this parameter corresponds to an empty string (""), the control used will be the control to which the current event belongs.
- a Table control.
- a TreeView Table control.
<Row>: Character string
Modified row replacing the specified row. This row has the following format:
<Element of column 1> + TAB + <Element of column 2> + TAB + ...
<Index>: Optional integer
Index of the row to be modified. The value of first row is set to 1.
|Index not specified or equal to -1||The current row is modified. This constant has no effect if no row is selected.|
|Index greater than the number of control rows||A WLanguage error occurs.|
TableModify can be used on:
- a Table or TreeView Table control based on a data file.
- a Table or TreeView Table control populated programmatically.
- a single-selection or multi-selection control.
Table controls based on a data file are not available in edit mode. TableModify
cannot be used on Table controls based on a data file.
- Each row element is changed into the type of the associated column.
- If one of the elements corresponds to an empty string ("") or to 0 (depending on the column type), its value will be overwritten.
TableModify(TABLE_CustomerTable, "Moore" + TAB + "Peter" + TAB + "" + ...
TAB + "06/21/72")
- If an element corresponds to the calculation result, the numeric expression must be enclosed in brackets.
TableModify(TABLE_CalcTable, (53+29) + TAB + (83-21))
- To modify the value of an element in a row, use the following syntax:
TableName.ColumnName[RowIndex] = NewValue
Changes in a Table or TreeView Table control based on a data file
To modify a row in a Table or TreeView Table control based on a data file, we advise you to:
This page is also available for…