- How to?
- Create a Custom-Folder
- Opening a Custom-Folder
- Associating the project elements with a Custom-Folder
- Dissociating an element from a Custom-Folder
- Renaming a Custom-Folder
- Actions that can be performed on a Custom-Folder
- Printing the content of a Custom-Folder
"Custom-Folders" simplify the organization of projects, allowing you to group the elements of your application by themes. Custom-Folders are available:
- for each category of elements in the "Project explorer" pane: windows, reports, ...
- at project level.
Create a Custom-Folder
To create a Custom-Folder:
- Display the "Project explorer" pane if necessary.
- Select the folder in which the Custom-Folder will be created: Windows, Pages, ...
- Select "New Custom-Folder" in the popup menu.
- Enter the name of the Custom-Folder and validate. The Custom-Folder appears in the "Project explorer" pane as a yellow folder. This Custom-Folder can be customized. For more details, see Actions that can be performed on a Custom-Folder.
- If you are using SCM, you must be Master on the project to create a Custom-Folder: the Custom-Folder will be carried over during the next synchronization. Otherwise, the created Custom-Folder will disappear during the next synchronization.
- Custom-Folders are available in the sets of procedures.
Opening a Custom-Folder
To open a Custom-Folder, double-click its name in the "Project explorer" pane.
Associating the project elements with a Custom-Folder
To associate a project element with a Custom-Folder:
- Select the requested element in the "Project explorer" pane.
- Drag and Drop the element to the requested Custom-Folder.
To associate the same element with several Custom-Folders, hold the Ctrl key down during the Drag and Drop to the Custom-Folder.
: When saving a new element, the following window is displayed:
This window is used to specify the custom-folder to which the current element will be associated.
In order for this window to be automatically displayed each time a new element is saved, check "Ask for the location of the new elements in the project" in the "Options" tab of the project description ("Project" tab, "Project" group, "Description").
A project element can be associated with several Custom-Folders.
Remark: Custom-Folder and SCM:
If you are using the SCM, you must be master on the project to associate a new element with a Custom-Folder. In this case, to retrieve the element in the Custom-Folder, the other developers must:
- go to the "SCM" tab, "Project" group, expand "Master/Guest".
- select "Get the Master version (full)". In all the other cases, the element will be retrieved but it will not be included in the Custom-Folder.
- A guest can include an element in a Custom-Folder. However, the other developers cannot retrieve the element in the same Custom-Folder: they will only retrieve the element.
Dissociating an element from a Custom-Folder
To dissociate an element from a Custom-Folder:
- In the "Project explorer" pane, select the element to dissociate.
- Drag and Drop the element found in the Custom-Folder to the project name.
Renaming a Custom-Folder
To rename a Custom-Folder:
- In the "Project explorer" pane, select the Custom-Folder to rename.
- Select "Description" in the context menu.
- In the window that appears, modify the Custom-Folder name and validate.
Actions that can be performed on a Custom-Folder
Printing the content of a Custom-Folder
You can print the documentation of elements found in a Custom-Folder:
- Select the Custom-Folder in the "Project explorer" pane.
- Select "Print the Custom-Folder documentation" in the popup menu.
- The wizard for generating the documentation of the elements in the Custom-Folder starts.
When a component is added into the current project, the elements used by this component are grouped in a Custom-Folder.
This page is also available for…