- Running the query
- Retrieving the query result
In french: SQLExecWDR
Runs the SQL code of a query created in the query editor.
does not start the process for retrieving the result in memory. The result is retrieved during the first call to one of the following functions: SQLFirst
The query is run on a MySQL database.
<Result> = SQLExecWDR(<Name of WDR Query> [, <Parameter 1> [... [, <Parameter N>]]])
- True if the query was executed,
- False otherwise. If the query was not run, the error message can be returned by the SQL.MesError variable once SQLInfo has been run.
<Name of WDR Query>: Character string
Name of query to be executed. This query was created in the query editor. This name corresponds to the logical query name.
The query name must be enclosed in quotes.
<Parameter 1>: Type of parameter, optional
Value of first query parameter. Each parameter must correspond to the expected type. The different parameters are separated by a comma.
<Parameter N>: Type of parameter, optional
Value of Nth query parameter. The parameters must be specified in their initialization order (visible in the query editor). Each parameter must correspond to the expected type. The different parameters are separated by a comma.
Running the query
The information regarding the query execution is returned by SQLInfo
. The SQL.NbCol variable contains the number of columns found in the query result.
Once it was run and processed, the query must be freed by SQLClose
Retrieving the query result
Then, the query result can be:
- Transferred into a table or into a list box (SQLTable).
- Transferred into controls or variables (SQLAssociate).
- Retrieved line by line (SQLFetch).
This page is also available for…