Run on the server, this function refuses a request for connection to an existing socket found on the server.
- If the client computer is using a WINDEV application to connect to this socket, this application will have to use SocketConnect.
- SocketDeny cannot be used with a UDP socket.
- SocketDeny can be used with an SSL socket.
Reminder: A socket is a communication resource used by applications to communicate from one computer to another regardless of the type of network.
<Result> = SocketDeny(<Socket name>)
- True if the connection was denied,
- False if an error occurred. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo.
<Socket name>: Character string
Name of the server socket that refuses the connection. This name was defined:
Caution: The socket name is case sensitive.
The call to this function modifies the permissions required by the application.
Required permission : INTERNET
This permission allows the applications to open the network sockets.