- List Boxes containing more than 10 000 elements
- Visibility/Invisibility of elements in a List Box or Combo Box control
- Sorted/Unsorted List Box control
- Customizing the elements found in a List Box or Combo Box control
- Tabulations: Multi-element List Box control
In french: ListeAjoute
Adds an element into:
- a memory List Box control,
- a memory Combo Box control.
- To add an element at a specific position, use ListInsert.
- ListAdd can be used on the single-selection and multiselection List Box controls.
- To add an image into a standard List Box control, use gImage.
- To add elements into a Combo Box control found in a container column of a Table control, use ..Content.
// Add the customer named "Moore" into "LIST_CustomerList"
// Add the customers named "Clark" and "Smith" into "LIST_CustomerList"
ListAdd(LIST_CustomerList, "Clark" + CR + "Smith")
// Add the "C:\MyImages\CoralReef.JPG" image into the "LSV_Diving" listview control
// The caption of this image will be "Nice coral"
ListAdd(LSV_Diving, "Nice coral", "C:\MyImages\CoralReef.JPG")
// The "COMBO_Title" Combo Box displays the genders:
// "Mister", "Madam" and "Miss".
// An integer representing a gender will be returned to the language.
ListAdd(COMBO_Title, "Mister" + gLink("1"))
<Result> = ListAdd(<Control to use> [, <Element> [, <Path of image to display>]])
- True if the element was added,
- False otherwise.
<Control to use>: Control name
Name of control to use:
If this parameter corresponds to an empty string (""), the element is added to the List Box control (or Combo Box) to which the current event belongs.
- Memory List Box,
- Memory listview,
- Memory Combo Box.
<Element>: Optional character string (with quotes)
Element that will be added into the specified control. If this parameter is not specified, an empty row is added into the List Box or Combo Box control.
This parameter can contain:
- Carriage Return characters (CR) to add several elements.
- tabs (TAB) to obtain a multi-element List Box control (see Notes).
- gLink to indicate the value that will be returned when the element is selected.
<Path of image to display>: Optional character string (with quotes)
Name and path of image that will be added into a ListView control. You also have the ability to use an image memo item.
This parameter is taken into account for ListView controls displayed in ListView mode only.
If this parameter is not specified, the default image (defined in the "Details" tab in the description window of control) will be used.
List Boxes containing more than 10 000 elements
The maximum number of elements found in a List Box control is limited by the available memory (theoretical maximum: 2 billion rows). Nevertheless, filling a List Box control with an important number of elements (more than 10 000) affects the performances
To add many elements to a List Box control, it is recommended to use a browsing List Box control (i.e., a list directly linked to an HFSQL data file).
Visibility/Invisibility of elements in a List Box or Combo Box control
To make an element invisible in a List Box or Combo Box control, use gLink
The two following syntaxes are equivalent:
ListAdd(<Control name> [<Element>])
<List name>[Subscript] = <Element>
Sorted/Unsorted List Box control
- If the List Box control is sorted, the new element is inserted according to the sort order.
- If the List Box control is not sorted, the new element is added at the end of the list.
The control type (sorted or not) is chosen during the control description ("Details" tab).
rather than ListInsert
to add an element to a sorted List Box control.
Customizing the elements found in a List Box or Combo Box control
Tabulations: Multi-element List Box control
To manage the tabulations in a List Box control (for aligning columns), use the TAB
constant. For example:
ListAdd(LIST_Customer, LastName + TAB + FirstName)
In this example, all the first names start at the same position and are aligned one under the other.
: The first call to ListAdd
defines the position of tabulations. These positions will be taken as reference for all values added thereafter. Similarly, if values have been typed entered in the editor, the positions of these values are taken as reference. During the first call to ListAdd
, we advise you to define the width of columns with Complete
. For example, to fix the width of columns found in "CUSTOMERS" to 10 characters:
ListAdd(LIST_Customer, Complete(LastName, 10) + TAB + Complete(FirstName, 10))
- To add elements into a Table control, use TableAdd.
- ListAdd can be used on:
- a column of type"Combo Box" in a Table control.
- A "Table" Combo Box control.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment