- List Boxes containing more than 10 000 elements
- Visibility/Invisibility of elements in a List Box or Combo Box control
- Sorted/Unsorted List Box control
In french: ListeAjoute
Adds an element to:
- a List Box control populated programmatically,
- a Combo Box control populated programmatically.
- To add an element at a specific position, use ListInsert.
- ListAdd can be used on the single-selection and multi-selection List Box controls.
- To add an image to a standard List Box control, use gImage.
- To add elements to a Combo Box control found in a container column of a Table control, use Content.
// Add the customer named "Moore" into "LIST_CustomerList"
// Add the customers named "Clark" and "Smith" into "LIST_CustomerList"
ListAdd(LIST_CustomerList, "Clark" + CR + "Smith")
// The "COMBO_Title" Combo Box displays personal titles:
// "Mister", "Madam" and "Miss".
// An integer representing a gender will be returned to the language.
ListeAdd(COMBO_Title, "Mister" + gStoredValue("1"))
<Result> = ListAdd(<Control to use> [, <Element> [, <Path of image to display>]])
- True if the element was added,
- False otherwise.
<Control to use>: Control name
Name of the control to be used:
If this parameter corresponds to an empty string (""), the element is added to the List Box control (or Combo Box) to which the current event belongs.
- List Box control populated programmatically,
- ListView control populated programmatically,
- Combo Box control populated programmatically.
<Element>: Optional character string
Element that will be added into the specified control. If this parameter is not specified, an empty row is added into the List Box or Combo Box control.
This parameter can contain:
- Carriage Return characters (CR) to add several elements.
- tabs (TAB) to obtain a multi-element List Box control (see Notes).
- gStoredValue to indicate the value that will be returned when the element is selected.
The Carriage Return characters (CR) are supported while the tabulations (TAB) are not supported.
<Path of image to display>: Optional character string
Name and path of image that will be added into a ListView control. You also have the ability to use an image memo item.
This parameter is taken into account for ListView controls displayed in ListView mode only.
If this parameter is not specified, the default image (defined in the "Details" tab in the description window of control) will be used.
List Boxes containing more than 10 000 elements
The maximum number of elements in a List Box control is only limited by the available memory (theoretical maximum: 2 billion rows). Nevertheless, filling a List Box control with an important number of elements (more than 10 000) affects performance
To add many elements to a List Box control, it is recommended to use a List Box control based on a data file (i.e., a list directly linked to an HFSQL data file).
Visibility/Invisibility of elements in a List Box or Combo Box control
To make an element invisible in a List Box or Combo Box control, use gStoredValue
The two following syntaxes are equivalent:
ListAdd(<Control name> [<Element>])
<Control name>[Index] = <Element>
Sorted/Unsorted List Box control
- If the List Box control is sorted, the new element is inserted according to the sort order.
- If the List Box control is not sorted, the new element is added at the end of the list.
The control type (sorted or not) is chosen during the control description ("Details" tab).
rather than ListInsert
to add an element to a sorted List Box control.
- To add elements into a Table control, use TableAdd.
- ListAdd can be used on:
- a column of type "Combo Box" in a Table control.
- a "Table" Combo Box control.
This page is also available for…