In french: Désérialise
Deserializes a buffer or a character string containing the data of a class, structure, array (including an associative array), queue, stack, list or advanced variable (gglCalendar
for example) as well as their sub-elements.
// This example explains how to use the Serialize/Deserialize functions
// with an Array variable.
// These functions can use all types of WLanguage variables.
MyArray is array of strings
bufResult is Buffer
// Adds elements into the array
Add(MyArray, "WINDEV MOBILE")
// Serialize the array in the buffer in JSON
// => Save the array and its entire content in a JSON string
Serialize(MyArray, bufResult, psdJSON)
// Deserialize the JSON buffer
// => Rebuild the WLanguage array from the JSON string
MyRebuiltArray is array of strings
Deserialize(MyRebuiltArray, bufResult, psdJSON)
Deserialize(<Variable> , <Buffer> , <Parameters>)
<Variable>: Type of variable
Structure, class, array, queue, list or stack variable.
- For a structure or a class, this variable must be allocated.
- For an array, a queue, a list or a stack, this variable is automatically allocated during the deserialization.
The deserialization will be performed in this variable.
<Buffer>: Ansi character string or buffer
Variable that contains the serialized data. A variable name must be specified.
<Parameters>: Integer constant
Type of deserialization (must correspond to the type chosen for the serialization):
The binary deserialization is not available.
Versions 17 and laterpsdBinaryFormat16 New in version 17psdBinaryFormat16psdBinaryFormat16 |Binary deserialization in 16 compatible format.|
This format must be used if an application in version 17 must provide data to an application in version 16.
This format must not be used in Unicode mode.
The binary deserialization is not available.
Versions 19 and laterpsdJSON New in version 19psdJSONpsdJSON |Deserialization in JSON format.|
The deserialization in JSON format is not available.
|psdXML||XML deserialization with reference to sub-objects.|
Reminder: This type of serialization/deserialization allows you to use the XML format as storage and exchange modes between applications written in WLanguage.
Versions 20 and laterpsdXMLAggregated New in version 20psdXMLAggregatedpsdXMLAggregated |XML deserialization with direct aggregation of sub-objects. |
Remark: The serialization in psdXMLAggregated mode allows you to easily generate an XML file in standard format, used to perform exchanges with other systems. The deserialization in psdXMLAggregated mode is available, however the WLanguage elements (variants, arrays, derived classes, ...) will differ from the source ones.
This deserialization mode is not available.
The deserialization of an array, a queue or a stack deletes the content of the element.
If additional members are found in the structure or in the class:
- if a structure or a class is deserialized: the additional members keep the value they had before the deserialization.
- if an array of structure or class is deserialized: the additional members take the default value of the member type.
If additional members are found in the serialized buffer, they are ignored during the deserialization.
To deserialize an untyped dynamic array, this array must be allocated beforehand.
To deserialize a class or a structure containing an untyped dynamic array, this array must be allocated beforehand.
The XML deserialization requires the wdxxxxml.dll or wpxxxxml.dll library.
An advanced variable that was serialized with a French version of the product (and whose names and properties are in French in the serialization buffer) can be deserialized by an English version of the product (and conversely).
In the advanced variables:
- the read-only properties cannot usually be deserialized.
- the write-only properties cannot usually be serialized.
Special cases are noted in the documentation for each type.
In order for the serialization format to be compatible between the WINDEV applications and the WINDEV Java applications, the names of the following serialized elements must contain no special character and no accented character:
- arrays of classes,
- array of structures.
The binary deserialization is faster than the XML deserialization.
- The fixed arrays and the associative arrays of local structures cannot be deserialized.
- The global members of classes are not serialized/deserialized.
- The XML serialization/deserialization of an array of structures with a string member containing "\0" or Charact(0) returns the following error: "Wrong serialization format". In this case, a binary serialization/deserialization must be performed.
- You cannot serialize/deserialize an array of class or structure if this class or structure contains a dynamic array without type. A dynamic array with defined type must be used in this class or in this structure.
- To serialize/deserialize a class, you must have a constructor without mandatory parameter.
- You cannot serialize/deserialize the Queue, Stack or List variables.
- Only JSON serialization is available for Record variables. No deserialization is possible.
- Managing the errors: Deserialize returns no error code. The ErrorOccurred variable is set to True if an error occurred.
Unit examples (WEBDEV): The Serialize/Deserialize functions
Unit examples (WINDEV): The Serialize/Deserialize functions
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment