- Modifying the image
- Modifying the background image in a report
In french: ImageFond
property is used to identify and modify the background color of an element: window, page, control or report.
- The background image of a window or a control is defined in the description window of the element ("General" or "Image" tab).
- The background image of a report is defined in the report description("Background" tab).
// Modify the background image of "WIN_EditCustomer"
WIN_EditCustomer.BackgroundImage = "C:\MyImages\Image.gif"
// Before printing Page_header
// Modify the background image of report
// Use a different page found in a PDF
MyReport.BackgroundImagePrinted = True
MyReport.BackgroundImage = PDFExtractPage("Form.pdf", 2)
Finding out the background image of a control, window or report Hide the details
<Current image> = <Element used>.BackgroundImage
Modifying the background image of a control, window or report Hide the details
<Element used>.BackgroundImage = <New image>
Modifying the image
When changing the image, the image is sought in the application library (WDL file) then on disk at the specified location.
Remark: If an attempt is made to replace the image found in the WDL by an image with the same name found on disk, the change of image is not performed.
Modifying the background image in a report
The BackgroundImage property is available for all types of reports. The BackgroundImage property must be called before printing the page, for example in the event "Before printing the page header block".
For a report on form:
- the BackgroundImage property replaces the background image chosen in edit mode. All types of images supported in the reports are available (PDF, SVG, JPG, PNG, etc.).
- the image is saved by page: therefore, a different background image can be specified for each printed page.
- when the property is assigned, the new background image will be printed starting from the next page break.
In a report other than a form:
- the image is drawn in "homothetic" mode.
- this property has an effect only in actual print jobs, in the report viewer and in PDF exports. It has no effect for the other types of export (RTF, XLS, HTML, XML).
- The management of margins specified in the "Background" tab of the report description ("Ignore the physical margins of the printer") is ignored: the physical margins are systematically ignored.
- The BackgroundImagePrinted property can be used to print the background image of the report. If this property is set to:
Remark: You can also configure this behavior via the "Behavior in print jobs" option in the "Background" tab of the report description window.
- False (default value), the print job can be done on pre-printed paper for example. The background image appears only in the report viewer.
- True, the background image is also printed (or exported to PDF).
In a window, the BackgroundImage
property applies only to:
- progress bars,
- Shape controls in a window.
- Repositionable Note controls in a window.
property applies only to the following elements:
This page is also available for…