Installing the help for the User Macro-Code (UMC)
This option allows you to include the help about the WLanguage functions, properties and keywords in your application. This help can be called from the window used to type the UMC code.
- include the WLanguage help in the setup. In this case, the setup program will be bigger.
- download the help onto the client computer during the setup (an Internet connection is required).
Remark: If you install the help files of UMC, these help files are archived (zip creation) whenever WINDEV is updated. This operation is not performed whenever the setup of your application is generated.
Including the setup of Reports & Queries
This option is used to include the setup of Reports & Queries in the setup of your application.
In the screen for configuring the setup of "Reports & Queries":
- Check "Include Reports & Queries in the setup program". The setup package of Reports & Queries is automatically searched. This setup package is located in the "Install\Reports and Queries" subdirectory of the WINDEV setup directory.
Caution: Including Reports & Queries significantly increases the size of your setup program (over 600 MB).
The setup package of Reports & Queries can also be distributed separately.
If Reports & Queries is not included in the setup, it can be downloaded from the application (via the automatic menu, from the report viewer or with RunReportsAndQueries). By default, the software is downloaded on an FTP site of PC SOFT. You can customize the download address of the software (e.g. company Website). For more details, see Reports and Queries: Customizing the download address.
- Specify (if necessary) the directories corresponding to the reports and queries modified or created by the end user:
- the directory of custom reports and queries corresponds to the directory of the reports and queries visible by the user who created them.
- the directory of shared reports and queries corresponds to the directory of the reports and queries visible by all application users.
- Allow (or not) these directories to be modified when installing the application.
Displaying a license agreement
If "Display a license agreement during the setup" is checked, you will have to specify the file containing the license agreement in the rest of wizard. This file can be in text format (".TXT") or in RTF format (".RTF" or ".WRI" for example).
If the setup program is multilingual, you must select a license for each supported language.
The license agreement will be displayed at the beginning of the setup. The user will have to accept the terms of the license agreement before he can continue.
Displaying a "Readme" file
If "Display a 'Readme' file at the end of setup" is checked, you will have to specify the "readme" file in the rest of wizard. This file can be:
- in text format (".TXT"),
- in Word format (".DOC"),
- in HTML format (".HTM" or ".HTML"),
- in RTF format (".RTF" or ".WRI" for example),
- in any format recognized by the user computers.
If the setup program is multilingual, you must select a "readme" file for each supported language.
The "readme" file is displayed at the end of the setup. At the end of setup, the user will have to check "Display the "Readme" file" to read this file.
Choosing the optional tools that will be included in the setup
Several WINDEV tools can be freely distributed with your applications:
|WDDebug||Used to debug an application remotely|
|WDOptimizer||Optimizes the access to HFSQL files (reindexing, memo corrections, ...).|
|WDLog||Saves and restores the data files in HFSQL format and manages the logs.|
|WDReplic||Manages data replication between computers that use the same application.|
|WDSQL||Defines a connection and creates SQL queries on this connection.|
|WDTrans||Used to cancel transactions or to free records in transaction.|
|WDConver||Converts external files to HFSQL data files.|
|WDTelDiagno||Returns the list of available TAPI lines and specifies the line that will be used by the telephony functions.|
|ReplicSynchro||Allows you to manage the assisted Universal Replication.|
|DplViewer||Used to view duplicates|
To add one or more of these tools into the setup program, check "Include optional tools in the setup" and select the tools to include in the rest of the wizard.
To avoid installing too many applications on the client computer, the files required by these tools will be installed in "\Program Files\Common files\PC SOFT\28.0". The path of the optional tools directory is returned by SysDir
. For example:
SysDir(srCommonProgramFiles) + "\PC SOFT\28.0"
If an application shortcut is created in the "Start" menu, the shortcut of each tool installed on the user computer will also be added to the "Start" menu (in the same program group as the application).
WDOptimizer will be installed by default if the application is associated with an HFSQL database.
Including the uninstaller
If "Include the uninstaller" is checked, the uninstaller will be automatically installed on the user computers.
Once it is installed, the application will be displayed in the list of programs installed on the current system ("Add/Remove programs" in the control panel).
Remark: The "uninst.INF" file will be created in the setup directory of the application. This file lists all the application files installed on the user computers.
To uninstall the application, you must:
- Select the application in the list of programs.
- Click the "Modify/Delete" button.
The following elements will be deleted:
- The files listed in the "uninst.INF" file.
- The entries in the registry created when installing the application.
- The application shortcuts (on the desktop and in the "Start" menu) if they exist.
- The data files (".FIC", ".MMO" and ".NDX" files) after user confirmation.
- The files saved during the different setups (if they exist) after user confirmation.
- The directories whose files are deleted during the uninstall process.
Special case: If the application creates data files in a specific directory (different from the application subdirectories), these data files will not be automatically deleted during the uninstall process.
Installing character fonts
If the option "Install character fonts" is checked, the selected fonts will be deployed on the client computer. In the next screen, add the TTF or OTF files corresponding to the fonts to install.
When installing the application, these fonts will be automatically installed on the client computer.
Remark: Please check that you have the right to distribute these fonts.