- Starting WDLog
- Use conditions
- Reminder: Data file log
The different operations that can be performed with WDLog are as follows:
Remark: When modifying the analysis, the log file will be automatically saved during the automatic modification of the data files. The log file will be cleared later.
To start WDLog:
- In interactive mode:
- from WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile: on the "Tools" tab, in the "Utilities" group, click "WDTool" and select "WDTool".
- run the "WDLOG.EXE" program located in the "Programs" subdirectory of the WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile installation directory.
- From a command line.
In interactive mode, the different options of the drop-down menu allow you to access all the features of WDLog.
WDLog can be redistributed. WDLog can be installed with the applications developed in WINDEV and/or WEBDEV. The license agreement of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile is fully enforced.
WDLog can be included in the applications when the setup procedure is created.
Reminder: The setup procedure can be created:
- via the wizard. To start the wizard, go to the "Project" tab, "Generation" group, expand "Setup procedure" and select "Create setup procedure".
- from the setup editor. To start the setup editor, go to the "Tools" tab, "Utilities" group and click "WDInst".
The following files are required to install WDLog:
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile allow you to create a log file for each data file. This log file can contain:
- Writing operations
- Reading and writing operations
Log files contain the history of the operations in the data files:
- The values of the record's items before the data file is modified,
- The values of the record's items after the data file has been modified,
- The author of the operation,
- The date of the operation,
- The computer where the operation is performed,
- The IP address of the computer where the operation is performed,
- The application name,
- The network name of the user,
- The type of operation (add, modify, delete, read, etc.).
The logs of the data files are created in the WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile data model editor.
This page is also available for…