- How to?
- Performing a multi-project search
- Handling the result of the search
From version 18
, the multi-project search is available in the "Find - Replace" pane. For more details, see Find - Replace in the editors
This help page is kept for backward compatibility.
Performing a search in the current project is a common operation: search for a caption, search for a control name, ... This search can be performed:
It may also be useful to perform a search in different projects (to search for a procedure used in another project for example). This search can be performed in any type of project (WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile).
The multi-project search allows you to perform a search in:
- specific projects,
- all the projects found in a directory,
- all the projects found on a disk or on a server.
Performing a multi-project search
To perform a multi-project search:
- Select "Workshop .. Multi-project search...". The window for configuring the search directories is displayed.
- Specify the directories, disks or projects affected by the search:
- the "Directory" button is used to select the projects found in a directory or on a disk. All the WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile projects found at this location will be taken into account. The search is also performed in the subdirectories of the specified locations. A UNC path can be specified.
- the "Project" button is used to add a specific project (WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile). Different types of projects can be added (a WINDEV project and a WINDEV Mobile project for example).
- Validate. The "Find - Replace" pane is automatically displayed and enabled in the editor (if necessary).
- In the "Find - Replace" pane, enter:
- the word or the expression to find,
- the search criteria (contains, whole word, ...).
- Start the search (). If elements are found, the reference of these elements is displayed in the "Find - Replace" pane.
Remark: The multi-project search can also be performed from the "Find - Replace" pane. To do so, select the "In <Multi-project>" option to configure the search directories.
Handling the result of the search
The result of the multi-project search is displayed in the "Find - Replace" pane. The results are grouped by project.
The following information is specified for each element found:
The context menu of the search result is used to:
- copy the list of elements found to the clipboard.
- print the list of elements found.
To directly access one of the elements found, double-click the location of the element.
Remark: If the element found belongs to a project other than the current project:
- if the project was developed with the same product, the project is opened in a new instance of the product.
- if the project was developed with a different product, the project is opened in the associated product.
This page is also available for…