- How to?
- Testing the current report
- Remark: Minimizing (or not) the editor during the test
- Stopping the test of a report
- Directory of data files used for test
- Managing passwords (analysis or data file)
Running the test of a report
The test of a single report allows you to run the current report in WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile. Like for the project test, the debugger can be started if a problem occurs.
Remark: The test of the report is run on the development computer only. The data used for test corresponds to the data found on the development computer.
The following WLanguage events are run when testing a report:
- Initialization of the project.
- Events associated with the report.
- Events associated with the blocks of the report.
- Events associated with the controls of the report.
Remark: The test of the report is available for the reports based on a query, a data file, a text file and for the reports associated with no data source. For the other types of reports, you must run the test of the element (window, page or project) from which the report is printed.
|During the test of a report in Reports & Queries, the initialization event of the project is run.|
Testing the current report
To test the current report:
Remark: The last test run (window, query, report, ...) can be re-run from any project element via "GO .. Re-run the last test" found in the quick access buttons.
- Click in the quick access buttons (F9 key).
- A screen allows you to choose the report print mode: The available options are:
For more details on these different modes, see Print modes of a report.
- Report viewer: used to preview the report as it will be printed.
- Printer: the report is printed on the default printer.
- RTF file: the report is saved in an RTF file and displayed in a text editor (Word for example).
- HTML file: the report is saved in an HTML file and displayed in the Internet browser installed on the computer.
- PDF file: the report is saved in a PDF file and displayed in a PDF viewer (Acrobat Reader for example).
- Generic PDF file: the report is saved in a generic PDF file (independent of the printer) and displayed in a PDF viewer (Acrobat Reader for example).
- Choose the print mode and validate. If your report is not saved, WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile automatically proposes to save it under the name given in the report creation wizard.
- Specify the additional information if necessary:
- If the report is bounded, a window allows you to enter the report bounds. For more details, see Bounded report.
- If the report is based on a query with parameters, a window allows you to enter the query parameters. For more details, see Report based on a query with parameters.
- If the report expects parameters, give a default value to the parameters in the declaration of parameters. For more details, see Passing parameters to a report.
Remark: Minimizing (or not) the editor during the test
During a test, the editor is minimized by default. Depending on the hardware configuration (wide screen, 2 screens, etc.), you may not need to minimize the editor.
To keep the editor opened:
- On the "Home" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "Options of the code editor".
- In the "Debugger" tab, uncheck "Minimize editor in test mode".
Stopping the test of a report
There are multiple methods to stop the test:
- 1st method: Close the report viewer that shows the report being tested. The current editor at the time the test was started is displayed.
- 2nd method: Go back to the editor with the taskbar (or press Alt + Tab) and confirm the end of the test. The current editor at the time the test was started is displayed.
- 3rd method: Go back to the editor via the taskbar or with Alt + Tab and click on ("End the test") in the "Debugger" pane.
Directory of data files used for test
To specify the data files used when running the application test in the editor:
- Open the project description: on the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- In the "Files" tab, select the location of test data files:
- Directory of the current configuration or current directory (default): The data files will be located in the subdirectory corresponding to the current configuration (subdirectory of the project EXE directory).
- Specific directory: The data files will be found in the specified directory.
Managing passwords (analysis or data file)
No password is requested when running the test of a report linked to a password-protected data file.
The necessary passwords must be specified through programming in the "Opening" event of the report:
- If the report is linked to one or more password-protected data files, the password must be specified with HPass.
- A WLanguage error occurs during the test if the passwords are not specified in the "Opening" event of the report.
This page is also available for…