- General options
- Image (Image element only)
- Automation level
- Style options
A flexible modeling includes different elements linked together. Each element has its own characteristics.
To see the characteristics of an element, select "Description" in the context menu of that element. The information displayed depends on the selected element.
Two tabs are available:
- the "General" tab that presents the general characteristics of the element.
- the "Style" tab that is used to define the options for the element style.
Caption displayed in the element.
To modify this caption in the editor, you must:
- Select the element
- Click the caption: the caption is in edit and it can be modified.
To configure the layout of caption or its position, select "Color/Style/Font" in the context menu of element.
: To copy the formatting of an element, click
in the modeling editor toolbar.
Image (Image element only)
Path of the image that will be displayed in the Image element. The "Catalog" button also allows you to select one of the images proposed by the image catalog
of WINDEV, WEBDEV, WINDEV Mobile. In this case, the selected image will be automatically copied into the directory of current project.
Path of file linked to the element. The linked file can be an element of current project or another file.
To link an element of the flexible modeling to a project element, you must:
- drag the element in the project (from the "Project" pane for example) and drop it onto the desired element in the modeling.
- "Drag and Drop" the element from the project toward the modeling editor. In this case, a new element is created in the modeling.
To modify the link between the element of the modeling and a project element:
- Check whether the "Project explorer" pane is displayed in your environment: on the "Home" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Panes", select "Panes", and then select "Project explorer".
- Open the description of the modeling element.
- Click and keep the left mouse button down.
- Move the mouse to the new project element to be linked in the "Project explorer" pane.
- Release the mouse button when it is located above the desired element. The new link appears in the description window of the modeling element.
Remark: This operation does not apply to the "Windows", "Reports" and "Component" elements of the flexible modeling. In this case, to modify the link, the element must be deleted and re-created.
If the modeling element is linked to a project element
, the modeling element contains the
icon. This down arrow indicates that a link was established: a double click performed on the element is used to directly open the linked object. You can also select "Open the linked element" from the popup menu of the element.
In the different editors, you also have the ability to identify the elements found in a modeling. A specific button is displayed in the description of the project element when this element is linked to a modeling.
If only one modeling is linked to the element, a click on the button will open the modeling.
If several modelings are linked to the element, clicking the button will allow you to select the modeling to open.
The automation level is used to find out and display the automation level of the current element.
If "Automation level" is checked, the level of automation will be displayed in icon format in the modeling.
The available automation levels are:
- Automatic computerized process.
- Computerized process with manual intervention.
- Manual process.
The actors are the persons who are taking part into the task described by the element.
To configure the actors found in the different lists, click the "Edit the actors" button. For more details, see Properties of the modeling
- Manager: Person responsible for the described element.
- Developer: Person responsible for developing the element.
- User: Person who uses the application for instance.
Several people can be selected for each type of responsibility.
If a single person is selected, you have the ability to get his personal details (address, phone number, email, ...).
The "Displayed" box allows you to specify whether the information typed must be displayed (or not) in the modeling.
The style options of the selected element are used to define all the style characteristics of the selected element. You have the ability to select:
- the font used, its size, its attributes (bold, italic, ...), its color, its alignment.
- the background color of the element, the color of its border, its style and thickness.
When modifying the style of an element, you can:
- Create a new style in the modeling. In this case, the style can be re-used by another element.
- Modify the current element only.
This page is also available for…