is used to handle the current data source (file, view or query) associated with a report or with a table based on a data file. When the project is run, this keyword is automatically replaced by the current data source.
Benefit: MySource is used to:
- Make the code independent of the current data source.
- Access the value of an item of the current record in the current data source.
- Retrieve the name of the data source to perform an HFSQL process.
- Indicate the window containing a table to print in a report on table.
// Retrieve the name of the current data source
NameDataSource = MySource..Name
// Retrieve the name of the customer currently printed
IF MySource.CustName = "Montgomery" THEN
CALC_TotalBT.BackgroundColor = LightRed
// Modify the data source of a report on table in its opening code
MyReport.MySource = sNameSourceTable
- MySource can only be used in events and/or processes associated with:
- a report,
- a Table control based on a data file.
- MySource cannot be used in the controls whose data source is a variable.