- Configuring the context menu in an Organizer control
- Details of options
- "Print" option
- Customizing the setting window for printing the scheduler
- "Send by email" option
Context menu of Organizer controls (AAF)
Each Organizer control found in a window proposes a menu to the user.
This menu, available without programming, proposes several actions:
- Canceling or redoing an action.
- Choosing the display mode of organizer: Day, Full week, Working week, Month.
- Displaying the elements for today.
- Managing the appointments: Addition, deletion, modification.
- Copying the appointment content.
- Printing the organizer.
- Sending the organizer by email.
The actions performed in the Organizer control can be:
These actions mainly correspond to the move, resize, delete, ... of appointments.Remark
- undone via "Undo" in the context menu or via Ctrl + Z.
- redone via "Redo" in the context menu or via Ctrl + Y.
: You can add options to this menu from the code. To do so, use the PopupMenu
Configuring the context menu in an Organizer control
The context menu of the Organizer control can be disabled. To configure the display of the context menu associated with the Organizer control, you must:
- Display the description window of the Organizer control.
- Select the "UI" tab.
- Choose the desired menu in the "Popup Menu" combo box. You can:
- "Display the menu of AAF (System)": In this case, the automatic menu of the Organizer control will be displayed. For more details on how to configure this menu, see Configuring the AAF menu.
- "Add a context menu": If this option is checked, you can select the custom context menu to be displayed.
- If both options are checked, the custom context menu can be added before or after the AAF menu.
- If no option is selected, no context menu will be selected. The <Disabled> option will be displayed in the description window.
- The PopupMenu property is also used to remove the AAF-specific context menu and restore the standard Windows menu for a given control.
- Through programming, AAFDisable is used to delete some options from the AAF context menu specific to the Organizer controls. Different constants can be used according to the option to disable:
- aafPrintOrganizer: used to delete the option for printing the organizer. Caution, this constant can also delete the print option proposed by the Scheduler controls.
- aafSendFileByEmail: used to delete the option for sending the organizer by email. Caution, this constant can also delete the email sending option proposed by the Scheduler controls and by the Path edit controls.
The "Print" option is used to print the content of the Organizer control. A specific window is displayed, allowing you to configure the print.
This window allows you to configure:
- the report orientation.
- the time interval: day, week, month, ...
- the period to print (set of dates).
Remark: Depending on the options specified for the duration per page and for the period, printing the organizer may require more than one page. For example, an organizer printing the daily schedule over a week will print 1 page per day.
The "Print" button is used to start the print.
The content of the Organizer control is viewed in the report viewer.
Regardless of the selected orientation, the content of the Organizer control is entirely printed between the specified bounds.
The print characteristics are as follows:
- The title of the print corresponds to the caption of the Organizer control. If no caption was specified for the Organizer control, the report displays no title.
- The print respects the color used in the Organizer control.
- Today's date is printed at the bottom left.
- The number of the current page and the total number of pages are printed in the bottom right corner.
- The document is printed using the writing direction specified with the TextDirection property at window and/or Organizer control level.
- The "Print" option in the context menu of the Organizer controls requires to provide the print libraries of the WINDEV framework with the executable.
- To disable the "Print" option in the context menu of Organizer controls, use AAFDisable with the aafPrintOrganizer constant.
- To customize the report associated with a specific Organizer control, you must create a new Organizer report based on this Organizer control. It will be automatically associated with the Organizer control and it will be printed via the "Print" option.
Customizing the setting window for printing the scheduler
WINDEV allows you to include the setting window for printing the organizer used by the AAF in your application. You will have the ability to customize:
- the appearance of this window (modification of skin template for example),
- the languages supported by this window. This feature is very useful when translating this window into the different languages proposed by the application.
To include the window for configuring the print in your application:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, expand "Import" and select "WINDEV elements and their dependencies".
- Select the subdirectory that contains the elements to import. The window for print configuration is found in the "Programs\Data\Preset windows\AAF" subdirectory of the setup directory of WINDEV.
- WINDEV lists the elements of the directory. This directory contains the different elements corresponding to the customizable AAFs. The window to import is named "WinDevAaf_ConfigPrintingSchedulerOrganizer.wdw".
- Validate. The window is included in the project and it can be modified. This custom window will be automatically taken into account when running the application.
- The window must not be renamed.
- If this window is included in your application, you may not benefit from the improvements made to this window during the different updates. Don't forget to check whether this window has evolved.
- Caution: To modify this window, the corresponding file must not be read-only. Modify the characteristics of the file in Windows if necessary.
- If you are using an Organizer control in your project, the Print AAF of the Organizer control will also use this window.
"Send by email" option
The "Send by email" option is used to::
- print the content of the Organizer control in an "Organizer.pdf" file.
- create a new message in the default messaging application and attach the "Organizer.pdf" file to this message.
The procedure for printing the organizer in the PDF file is identical to the print procedure performed via the "Print the organizer" option (see the previous paragraph).
The generated Organizer report is not viewed in the report viewer but it is directly printed in a file in PDF format.
- The "Send by email" option in the context menu of the Organizer controls requires to provide the libraries of the WINDEV framework for printing and generating PDF files with the executable.
- To disable the "Send by email" option in the context menu of Organizer controls, use AAFDisable with the aafSendFileByEmail constant.
Caution, this constant can also delete the email sending option proposed by the Scheduler controls and by the Path edit controls.