- Window control
- Creating a TreeMap control
- Characteristics of the TreeMap control
- Control description window
- Vocabulary associated with the TreeMap control
The TreeMap control is used to dynamically represent data, possibly in tree structure, in a balanced way.
To fill this control, all you have to do is specify:
- the element name.
- possibly, the tree path of element.
- the element weight.
This type of control is very useful to represent volumes of data in an intuitive way.
Creating a TreeMap control
To create a TreeMap control:
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Graphic controls" group, click "TreeMap".
- Click at the desired location to create the control. The control is automatically created.
Remark: The dimensions of the control are optimized to take up the available space at the specified position. If the control size does not suit you, press Ctrl + Z: the control size will be reset to default.
Characteristics of the TreeMap control
Control description window
The description window of TreeMap control is used to enter the display characteristics of the control.
The "General" tab is used to select:
- the display mode of the caption for the control elements: caption on the elements or on the groups of elements.
- the content of the information caption for the weighting.
The "UI" tab is used to authorize the selection in the control (this option is proposed by default).
The "Style" tab is used to define the font options, the color options and other options regarding the different TreeMap elements.
Vocabulary associated with the TreeMap control
To handle a TreeMap control, you must be familiar with the following vocabulary:
|Element||Element displayed in the TreeMap control.|
|Element path||The path of an element corresponds to the path and caption of the element displayed in the TreeMap control. Using a path when adding the element into the TreeMap control enables you to organize the elements and to group them.|
|Group of elements||Set of elements that use a common path.|
|Weighting||Weight of element displayed in the TreeMap control. This weighting can be displayed (or not) in the TreeMap control. This weighting is used to represent the importance of the element in relation to other elements found in the TreeMap control.|
Unit examples (WINDEV): The TreeMap control