- Overview of the Conference control
- Window control
Overview of the Conference control
The Conference control allows you to view and/or listen to video and/or sound in real time.
To create a Conference control:
- In the window editor, on the "Creation" tab, in the "Graphic controls" group, expand "Video and capture" and select "Conference".
- Click at the desired location to create the control. The control appears in the editor.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
Remark: From version 20, Conference controls are supported in Windows Vista and later. If you want to use the Conference control with an earlier Windows version:
- Open the control description window.
- In the "UI" tab, check "Use the TAPI 3.x APIs / Windows XP (for compatibility)".
Several WINDEV functions allow you to handle communication streams via the Conference control. For more details, see:
This allows two users to communicate between themselves. The image and the voice of the users are broadcasted in real time on each connected computer.
Examples of applications that use the stream:
- broadcasting a live press conference
Remark: You also have the ability to establish a dialog between the Conference controls in a different private network via Internet. This type of dialog uses WebRTC technology. This technology requires the use of a STUN server and a TURN server. For more details, see WINDEV and the streams.
- The current computer and the connected computers must be equipped with a web camera and/or a microphone. If one of the computers is not equipped with a web camera or a microphone, the corresponding image or voice will not be broadcasted.
- Only the video sequences currently broadcasted by the Web cameras installed on the connected computers can be viewed. No video file can be viewed.
- Only the sounds currently broadcasted by the microphones installed on the connected computers can be listened to. No sound file can be listened to.
Unit examples (WINDEV): The Conference control
Complete examples (WINDEV): WD Video Conference