- How to?
- Inserting annotations into a report
- Deleting an annotation from a report
Report viewer: "Annotate" tab
Does your application allow you to print several reports? The end user has the ability to write annotations from the report viewer: drawing, arrow, formatted text, ...
Annotations will be printed in the report and will be displayed when exporting a document (PDF, email, etc.).
This feature is available for the prints performed with the report editor (or with "Reports & Queries") and for the programmed prints (performed with the WLanguage functions).
Reminder: The report viewer is available:
- in the report editor of WINDEV, WEBDEV, WINDEV Mobile.
- in "Reports and Queries".
- when printing reports from a WINDEV application.
Inserting annotations into a report
To insert annotations, go to the "Annotate" pane of the report viewer:
- Cancel or redo an action.
- Hand draw:
- Click "Brush".
- Start drawing.
- Draw an arrow.
- Click "Arrow".
- Click in the report viewer to set the starting point.
- Keep the mouse button down until you reach the end point of the arrow. The head of arrow will be drawn at the end of the line.
- Draw a border.
- Click "Rectangle".
- Click in the report viewer to set the upper-left corner of the rectangle.
- Keep the mouse button down until you reach the lower-right corner of the rectangle.
- Insert a text.
- Click "Text".
- Define a rectangle where the text will be inserted.
- A toolbar allows you to define the characteristics of inserted text (size, color, ...).
- Type the text.
- Insert an image.
- Click "Image".
- Define the area where the image will be inserted.
- The file picker is automatically opened to type the path of image to insert.
- Insert a watermark.
- Click "Watermark".
- In the window that appears, you can specify:
- the destination of the watermark: print and/or duplicate copy.
- the positioning of the watermark: ascending diagonal, descending diagonal or horizontal.
- the text of the watermark, its font, its size, its color and its opacity.
- Blur text, images, etc.
- Click "Blur area".
- Define the area to be blurred.
- The elements within the defined area are blurred.
- Define the default line size.
- Define the color used by default.
Deleting an annotation from a report
To delete an annotation from a report:
- Select the requested annotation.
- Press the Del key to delete the annotation.
- iParameterViewer is used to disable the annotation pane if necessary (iButtonAnnotation constant).
- Annotations can only be moved to the current page displayed in the report viewer. An annotation cannot be moved from a page to another one.
This page is also available for…