- Overview of the Multiline Zone control
- Creating a Multiline Zone control
- Characteristics of the Multiline Zone control
- Row description
- Style of the Multiline Zone control
- Static use of the Multiline Zone control
- Dynamic use of a Multiline Zone control
- Status of the Multiline Zone control
The Multiline Zone control
Overview of the Multiline Zone control
The Multiline Zone control allows you to easily create interfaces in iOS style. For example:
This control is used to group multiple controls:
- options of a category,
- information about a contact, etc
This control can contain at the same time:
- rows defined in edit mode (static rows).
- rows defined at runtime, through programming (dynamic rows).
Creating a Multiline Zone control
To create a Multiline Zone control:
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Data" group:
- click "Multiline zone".
- expand "Looper" and click "Multiline zone".
- Click at the desired location to create the control.
- The window creation wizard for iPhone and iPad also allows you to create preset Multiline Zone controls. For more details, see Windows for iPhone and iPad.
- The dimensions of the control are optimized to take up the available space at the specified position. If the control size does not suit you, press Ctrl + Z: the control size will be reset to default.
By default, the created control contains a single empty "static" row. This control is customized in its description window.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
Characteristics of the Multiline Zone control
The "General" tab in the description window of a multiline zone is used to:
- define the parameters of the current row,
- add a new row,
- duplicate an existing row,
- delete an existing row.
When a new row is added ("New row") or the current row is modified ("Modify type of row" or double-click on the row), a wizard starts, allowing you to create default content corresponding to the most common use cases:
- a check box button,
- a caption with a sub-caption directing to a list of choices, ...
When validating the description window, the Multiline zone control is updated with the selected rows.
The controls corresponding to the selected row options are automatically created.
Style of the Multiline Zone control
The "Style" tab of the Multiline Zone control description window is used to configure the characteristics:
- of the control caption.
- of the outside border.
- of the inside border.
- of the selected row.
Static use of the Multiline Zone control
A Multiline Zone control is static if the "Define as the repeated row of the control" option ("General" tab) is not checked for any of the rows.
In this case, the Multiline Zone control is used to simplify the interface by grouping the elements by "theme".
, a static Multiline Zone control will be used in a form to enter the first and last names of a contact, their address, ...
In this case, the content will be static and the number of rows will be fixed. For example, for the identity:
- a row for the company,
- a row for the last name,
- a row for the first name.
In this case, the controls in each row are linked to the corresponding item in the customers data file.
Another example: using a static Multiline Zone control to behave like a radio button:
Dynamic use of a Multiline Zone control
A Multiline Zone control is dynamic if the "Define as the repeated row of the control" option ("General" tab) is checked for any of the rows. This option can be checked for a single row only.
In this case, rows can be added through programming (for example, a list of options or a list of possible values according to a choice or to a database).
Here, the first row is static and the rows of products correspond to a dynamic row in the editor.
Status of the Multiline Zone control
If the Multiline Zone control is "inactive" or "grayed", the click process is not run and its rows cannot be selected.
Cross-platform examples (WINDEV Mobile): WM CRM
[ + ]
WM CRM is a multi-platform project for Android and iOS.
It explains how to develop a CRM application intended to the Android and iPad tablets.
Unit examples (WINDEV): The Multiline Zone control
[ + ]
Using a Multiline Zone control
This page is also available for…