- Customize the interface
- Implementation and configuration
- Setting for the project and windows
- Available options
- Programming and advanced features
- Configuring the options for UI modification by programming
- WLanguage functions for managing UI modification
- How to find out the type of modification performed by the user?
UI modifiable by the end user
By default, WINDEV applications allow end users to modify the interface of the application.
End users can decide whether some elements should be in the application, they can modify and adapt the windows to their own use.
Today, everybody customizes their smartphone screen, why not do the same with their applications?
When end-user modification of the interface is enabled, several new options appear at runtime:
- Customize the interface (option found in the popup menu of the window): Allows the end user to customize the interface of the window (see below).
- Repositionable notes (option found in the popup menu of the window): Allows the end user to add repositionable notes in the window. See Repositionable note (AAF) for more details.
For some types of controls, an option found in the popup menu is used to modify the control tooltip ("Edit the tooltip" option).
- The menu options appear only if the AAF menu is enabled on the window.
Reminder: To enable the AAF menu:
- Open the "UI" tab of the window description.
- Expand the option "Popup Menu" and check "Display the menu of AAF (System)".
- During the test of a window or project ( and ), the options for modifying the interface are also available. If these options are used, WINDEV automatically proposes, at the end of test, to include the modifications performed in the current window. See Using the GUI modification when running a project or window test for more details.
Customize the interface
If the option "Customize the interface" is selected, you have the ability to switch to modification mode ("Switch to modification mode" sub-option).
In this mode, the user can perform all operations allowed by the developer:
- Select one or more controls,
- Move one or more controls,
- Create a wire between several controls,
- Edit the tooltip of controls.
You also have the ability to manage the current modifications:
- Import a customization: Imports a customization that was exported beforehand (*.wdmodif file).
- Export the customization of this window: Exports the customization of current window via a file in ".wdmodif" format.
- Export all customizations of application: Exports the customization of application via a file in ".wdmodif" format.
- Restore the initial configuration: Restores the initial configuration implemented by the developer.
Remark: The "*.wdmodif" export file can be directly opened in the WINDEV editor. In this case, the editor proposes to apply the modifications saved in the corresponding windows to the current project.
Implementation and configuration
By default, all WINDEV applications created or compiled from version 21 allow end users to modify the UI.
These options can be configured:
- in the project. The options will be taken into account for all the project windows.
To configure the end-user UI modification:
- Open the project description window: on the "Project" pane, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- In the "Advanced" tab, check "UI modification by end user".
- The "Options" button is used to specify the authorized options.
- for each window. The options will be taken into account for the selected window only.
- Open the window description ("Description" from the window popup menu).
- In the "Details" tab, check "UI modification by end user".
- The "Options" button is used to specify the authorized options.
Remark: By default, the setting of windows corresponds to the project setting.
Setting for the project and windows
The options for configuring the UI are as follows:
- No modification. Automatically unchecks the option "UI modification by end user". End users will not be able to modify the interface of the application.
- The repositionable notes can no longer be used by the end user.
- The options for modifying the interface are no longer available when running the executable. These options are still available in GO mode.
- By default. Displays and gives the ability to use the default options. The "Show" button is used to display the default options. These options cannot be modified.
- Specific setting: Used to define the options for the project or for the window. If a specific setting is performed for the project, these options are automatically applied to the windows.
The available options for modifying the UI are as follows:
- Options regarding the controls:
- Selection: The user can select a control.
- Multiselection: The user can select several controls via the Ctrl key or via the mouse.
- Move: The end user can move the controls in the window.
- Resizing: The end user can resize the controls found in the window.
- Make visible/invisible: The user can make the controls visible or invisible (this option is not available in this version).
- Modify the tooltip: The end user can modify the control tooltip.
Remark: A new option "Edit the tooltip" is available. This option can be available in the popup menu of the control or when switching the window to modification mode.
- Options regarding the Wire control:
- Add a wire: The end user can create a Wire control between two controls.
- Modify the links of a wire: The end user can modify the links of a Wire control with two controls.
- Options regarding the repositionable notes (see Repositionable note (AAF) for more details).
- Add a repositionable note: The end user will have the ability to add a repositionable note in the application windows (or in the current window). The window will contain the option "Repositionable notes .. Create a repositionable note".
- Modify the text: The end user will have the ability to modify the text of the repositionable note.
- Collapsed or expanded: The end user will have the ability to collapse or expand the repositionable note.
- Automatic collapsed: The end user will have the ability to use the "Automatic collapsed" mode: the repositionable note will be automatically collapsed after 5 seconds.
Programming and advanced features
Several WLanguage properties and functions can be used to implement and manage the modification of UI by the end user.
These functions allow you to describe an editor in WLanguage, with support for undo/redo.
Configuring the options for UI modification by programming
To configure the options for UI modification by programming:
- Use ..WinEditMode to configure the actions allowed on a window and its controls when the window switches to "UI modification by end user" mode.
- Use ..WinEditAllowed to configure the actions allowed on a control when the window switches to "UI modification by end user" mode
Remark: To prevent window UI modifications, use AAFDisable
with the aafCustomizeUI
constant. In this case, the popup menu "Customize the interface" will no longer be available.
WLanguage functions for managing UI modification
These functions can be grouped by theme:
How to find out the type of modification performed by the user?
A specific event is run when the user performs an interface modification (select, move or resize).
To find out the type of modification, simply associate an event to the un interface modification. This operation can also be performed by ..Process
and by the following constants:
|trtWinEdChangeSize||Event run when resizing controls. |
|trtWinEdMove||Event run when moving controls.|
|trtWinEdSelection||Event run when selecting controls.|
Remark: In the procedure called by ..Process
, you also have the ability to perform a specific process according to the modifications performed by the user.
Training (WINDEV): WD Graphic Objects
Training (WINDEV): WD Interactive Application
Click [Add] to post a comment