Saves the content of a Spreadsheet control in a file in XLSX format.
// Save the current file
// Load the file
// Modify the file
PSHEET_NoName1["A","1"] = "modified"
// Save under a different name
// The "text1.xlsx" file already exists
IF SpreadsheetSave(PSHEET_NoName1, "test1.xlsx") = False THEN
// Before version 200051, the existing xlsx file is overwritten.
// From version 200051, the existing xlsx file is not modfified.
// The function returns False and an error
// To overwrite the file, use the psheetOverwriteAllowed constant
Error("File not saved " + ErrorInfo()
<Result> = SpreadsheetSave(<Spreadsheet control> , <File to save> [, <Option> [, <Password>]])
- True if the file of Spreadsheet control was saved,
- False otherwise. ErrorInfo returns more details about the error.
<Spreadsheet control>: Control name
Name of the Spreadsheet control to be used.
<File to save>: Character string
Name and full path of XLSX file where the content of Spreadsheet control will be saved.
<Option>: Optional Integer constant
File save mode if the file already exists:
|0 (or nothing)|
|If the XLSX file already exists and is not open (in the Spreadsheet control or another application), it is not saved.|
|psheetOverwriteAllowed||If the XLSX file already exists and is not open (in the Spreadsheet control or another application), it is overwritten.|
<Password>: Optional character string
Password to use to protect the XLSX file at opening. This password must be specified to open the XLSX file.
- To open the ".xlxs" file saved with another application, it must be closed by SpreadsheetClose.
- The saved file can be reloaded in a Spreadsheet control via SpreadsheetLoad and xlsOpen.
- This function can only be used on a Spreadsheet control found in a window.
- SpreadsheetSave updates the FilePath property of Spreadsheet control by associating the name of loaded file to the Spreadsheet control.
Unit examples (WINDEV): The Spreadsheet control
Business / UI classification: UI Code