Indicates the "Google Maps API" license key that will be used in the Map controls (of WINDEV or WEBDEV). This key may be required to use the "Google Maps API for work" features. For more details, see the "Google Maps API" license.
You also have the ability to enter the "Google Maps API" license in the description window of project ("Project" tab).
: The call to MapLicenseGgl
must be performed before
opening the window containing the Map control. If the Map control is found in the first project window, the call to MapLicenseGgl
must be performed in the project initialization code.
In test mode, the Map control is using the Map control of WINDEV. This function is used to specify (if necessary) the "Google Maps API" license key in order for the Map control to be displayed properly during a GO on the development computer.
// Initialize the Google key
<Google key>: Character string
Key supplied by Google.
- The use of the Map control is subject to specific terms and conditions. Check the Google license regarding the use of mapping services.
|Caution: Google Maps terms of service changed on June 22, 2016. From now on, a license key must necessarily be specified to use this service. You must: |
- Generate the key in the Google developer console (https://console.developers.google.com). The operations to perform are as follows (valid at the date this page was written):
- Use a Google account to connect to the developer console.
- Create a Google project if necessary.
- Access the "API manager" of the project.
- In the "Identifiers" item, expand the "Create identifiers" button.
- Select "API key".
- Select "API key".
- For a WEBDEV site, select "Browser key". It is recommended to specify the domain that will use the key in order to monitor queries and avoid any fraud.
- For a WINDEV application, select "Server key". It is recommended to specify the address that will use the key in order to monitor queries and avoid any fraud.
- Validate the key creation and copy the key created by Google.
- Specify the key used in the application or site with MapLicenseGgl.
- This function allows you to specify the license to use in order for the provider of Google Maps to give the application:
- access to the extended features of "Maps API for work" (greater number of queries, monitoring, quota, ...).
- The license is applied to all the maps of the application and it will be used for all the new Map controls created after this call. We advise you to call this function in the initialization code of project.
Business / UI classification: UI Code