- Automatic and manual signatures
- Files to retrieve
- Configuring the signature in the wizard
- Signing the application in Xcode
Signature of iOS applications
iOS requires that applications be signed.
The generation wizard offers multiple options:
- Automatic signature: This signature mode is based on a "Provisioning Profile" file, generated by Apple and available in the Apple development portal. The data not specified in the file used is defined by default by Xcode during the compilation.
This option is recommended if the Apple account used for deploying the application is configured on the Mac used for compilation. In this case, the Apple account manager gives all the permissions to the developer when compiling on the Mac.
- Manual signature: This signature mode is based on two "Provisioning Profile" files (file used for the development and file used for the distribution), generated by Apple and available in the Apple development portal.
This option is recommended if the Apple account is not configured on the Mac used for compilation. In this case, the Apple account manager will not give all the permissions to the developer.
- Signature in XCode: This signature mode is used to perform the signature in Xcode, when compiling the iOS project generated by WINDEV Mobile.
Automatic and manual signatures
- If you choose the automatic management, a single "Provisioning profile" (distribution OR development) is required.
- If you choose the manual management, two "Provisioning profile" (distribution AND development) are required. The signature information is more precise.
Files to retrieve
To retrieve the necessary files in the Apple development portal:
- See the next page: https://developer.apple.com/membercenter/index.action
- Once connected, select the option "Certificates, identifers and profiles".
- Click "Provisioning profiles" then the desired "profile" type: Distibution or Development.
- Download the desired files corresponding to your application on your PC ("Download" button).
Configuring the signature in the wizard
In the "Signature" step of the WINDEV Mobile generation wizard:
- Select the management mode for the signature.
- If you choose the automatic mode:
- Click "Import" and select the corresponding file.
- The "Prefix" control is automatically filled.
- If you choose the manual mode:
- Click "Import" and select the file corresponding to the development profile.
- Click "Import" and select the file corresponding to the distribution profile.
Signing the application in Xcode
If you choose to sign the application in Xcode, the WINDEV Mobile wizard generates the Xcode project corresponding to the iOS application. The operations required to perform the signature are presented in Compiling a WINDEV Mobile project in Xcode