- Use conditions
- Error codes
- Closing the archive
- Number of parts
- Actions that can be performed on a multi-part archive
- The multi-part archive is found on diskettes
<zipArchive variable>.Merge (Function)
In french: <Variable zipArchive>.Regroupe
Merges the different sub-archives found in a multi-part archive to create a single-part archive.
MyArchive is zipArchive
// Open a multi-part archive
ResOpenArchive = MyArchive.Open("C:\MyArchives\Archive.zip")
IF ResOpenArchive = 0 THEN
// Merge the sub-archives found in a multi-part archive
ResMerge = MyArchive.Merge(...
<Result> = <Archive>.Merge(<Archive destination> [, <Progress bar management>])
- 0 if the sub-archives have been merged,
- an error code (value greater than 0) otherwise. For more details on these error codes, see the Remarks.
<Archive>: zipArchive variable
Name of a variable of type zipArchive corresponding to the archive to use.
<Archive destination>: Character string
Physical path of new single-part archive (up to 260 characters). This path must contain the name of single-part archive to create. If the extension (.WDZ or .ZIP) is not specified, the extension corresponds to the initial extension. You have the ability to specify the same path and name as the split archive: the split archive will be overwritten by the merged archive.
<Progress bar management>: Optional character string
Name of the Progress Bar control in a window. The progress bar will display the progress of the grouping.
Remark: The merge operation can be performed if:
- The archive exists (archives are created using <zipArchive variable>.Create).
- The archive is a multi-part archive.
- The archive is not in "CAB" format, in "RAR" format or in "TAR" or TARGZ" format.
- Only ZIP, TAR and TGZ (TAR.GZ) archives are available.
The following error codes are returned:
- 1: The path passed as parameter does not exist.
- 2: Access denied: the user has no sufficient rights.
- 3: The archive is corrupted.
- 6: The sub-archives are not arranged in order.
The message corresponding to the error code is returned by zipMsgError
Closing the archive
Once <zipArchive variable>.Merge has been used on an archive, this archive is not closed. You must use:
Number of parts
is used to determine the number of sub-archives in a multi-part archive.
Actions that can be performed on a multi-part archive
Some archiving functions can only be used with single-part archives (add and delete files, create a self-extracting executable, etc.). To perform these operations, simply merge the sub-archives (<zipArchive variable>.Merge) to get a single-part archive.
From a multi-part archive, you can only:
The multi-part archive is found on diskettes
If the different sub-archives are found on diskettes, the next diskette will be automatically requested via a dialog box when the sub-archives are merged. An error will occur if the merge operation is canceled by the user (the multi-part archive is not found).
This page is also available for…