Adds an icon that overlays the application icon in the taskbar. This icon can be deleted by SysIconDeleteImage
// During the process, adds an hourglass icon over the icon of the application
// Delete the icon at the end of the process
<Result> = SysIconAddImage(<Image to display> [, <Explanation text>])
- True if the image was added over the application icon,
- False otherwise.
<Image to display>: Character string or Icon variable
Corresponds to one of the following elements:
If the icon is not 16x16, it will be automatically resized by Windows.
- Path of the icon file to be displayed. This file can be found on the disk or in the application library (WDL file).
- Name of a variable of type Icon.
The following image formats are supported in Windows:
- Bitmap (*.BMP)
- Graphics Interchange Format (*.gif)
- Joint Picture Experts Group (*.jpg ; *.jpeg)
- Kodak Photo CD (*.pcd)
- PaintBrush (*.pcx)
- Adobe Photoshop Format (*.psd)
- TrueVision TARGA (*.tga)
- Tagged Image File Format (*.tif ; *.tiff)
Remark: the "tiled tiff" option of tiff 6.0 standard is not supported. In this case, we advise you to save the image in tiff 5.0 standard.
- Portable Network Graphics (*.png)
- Windows MetaFiles (*.emf ; *.wmf)
- Icons (*.ico ; *.icw)
- HQ display (High Quality) available.
- Management of sheets in transparent BMP format (32 bits).
- Cursors (*.cur)
- Portable Document Format (*.pdf)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (*.svg)
- WINDEV images (generated by the image editor, *.WDPIC).
<Explanation text>: Optional character string (ANSI or Unicode)
Text associated with icon for accessibility reasons (for the applications intended to the low-sighted persons for example).
- Each call to SysIconAddImage replaces the icon displayed previously.
- To delete the icon overlay, use SysIconDeleteImage.
- The taskbar must be configured to display the "Large icons" mode.
Unit examples (WINDEV): The functions specific to Windows 7
[ + ]
Using WLanguage functions specific to Windows 7:
Business / UI classification: Business Logic