- The different steps of the wizard
- Window orientation
- Window content: simple or double
- Defining the content
- When should the content be defined?
- Window content
- Configuring the looper or the multiline zone
- Tab bar or toolbar
iPad window: Window creation wizard
The wizard for creating iPad windows allows you to easily create a window containing all the main elements of a window for an iPad application.
These different elements can be added at any time into the window.
You can also configure different options in the window description.
At the end of wizard, the window is created under the editor with the selected characteristics.. Under the editor, in addition to the window, it is possible to view:
- the system bar,
- the areas corresponding to the portrait or landscape mode (indicated by dashes).
The different steps of the wizard
Several options are available:
These options can be modified in the editor, in the "Details" tab of the description window ("Orientation").
You also have the ability to specify whether automatic scrollbars must be displayed. The scrollbars will be automatically displayed if the size of the window is greater than the resolution of the screen on the device used.
Window content: simple or double
- a simple window: the data is displayed in the entire window.
In this case, the subsequent steps of the wizard will allow you to define the contents of the window.
- a double window: the window is divided into two sections. This type of interface allows you to implement a menu or a choice of options in the left section while the details are displayed on the right.
In this case, the subsequent steps of the wizard allow you to define:
- the content of the left section.
- the content of the right section. This content can be:
- static (defined in the editor): the wizard proposes to define the content of the section.
- an internal window. In this case, an Internal Window control is automatically created in the window.
When should the content be defined?
The wizard allows you to define the window content in the following cases:
- simple window.
- left section of a double window.
- right section of a double window with static content.
You have the ability to create a window:
- with an Action Bar. This control is used to display various information: the application icon, the window title, some menu options, the window drop-down menu, ...
To add an "Action Bar" into a window: on the "Window" pane, in the "Bars and menus" group, click "Other bars" and select "Action Bar".
- with a looper or a multiline zone. This type of window is used to configure one or more options, to select an option, ...
- with a Tab bar. In most cases, a "Tab bar" is used to access the different windows of the application.
To add a tab bar into a window: on the "Window" pane, in the "Bars and menus" group, expand "Other bars" and select "Tab bar (iOS Tab Bar)".
- with a toolbar. In most cases, the toolbar is used to perform actions on the current window.
To add a toolbar into a window: on the "Window" pane, in the "Bars and menus" group, expand "Other bars" and select "Toobar (iOS ToolBar)".
Difference between a tab bar and a toolbar:
- A toolbar proposes actions on the current view.
- A tab bar corresponds to tabs.
Configuring the looper or the multiline zone
If you have chosen to create a window with looper or with multiline zone, the different wizard planes allow you to configure this element.
When the wizard is validated, the selected looper or multiline zone is automatically created in the window.
You have the ability to type the code used to handle it and to make it operate.
For a looper, the following events must be modified:
- Initialization code of the looper: this event is used, for example, to fill the looper.
- Row selection code: this event is used to manage the actions performed when the user clicks the standard arrow.
- Click code of IMG_Disclosure image: this event is used to manage the click on the custom bullet.
For more details, see:
Tab bar or toolbar
If this option was selected, specify the parameters of the bar:
- Buttons displayed
At the end of the wizard, the window is created with the specified bar. All you have to do is enter the code of the buttons.