- Creating a project for Apple Watch with WINDEV Mobile
- Developing an application for Apple Watch with WINDEV Mobile
Developing an application for Apple Watch
An Apple Watch application is an application intended for a watch associated with an iOS device (phone, tablet, ...).
An Apple Watch application is always associated with an iOS application with which it can exchange data.
Several steps must be performed to develop an Apple Watch application:
This help page presents the creation of an Apple Watch project and its development. It is generated and compiled in the same way as a standard iOS application.
Creating a project for Apple Watch with WINDEV Mobile
To create an Apple Watch project with WINDEV Mobile:
- Create a project for iOS (for more details, see Developing an application for iPhone/iPad).
- Create an Apple Watch configuration:
- Start the configuration creation wizard: on the "Project" tab, in the "Project configuration" group, expand "New configuration" and select "New configuration (via wizard)".
For more details, see Project configuration.
- In the "General information" step of the wizard, select "Apple Watch application".
- In the "Associated iOS application" step of the wizard, select the iOS configuration of the project associated with the Apple Watch configuration.
Developing an application for Apple Watch with WINDEV Mobile
The method for developing an Apple Watch application and its associated iOS application is identical to the method for developing a standard application.
For the iOS application
, you create the different elements of your application. The method for developing the project is identical to the method for developing a WINDEV Mobile project. However, there are some aspects specific to iOS development. For more details, see Specific features of iOS applications
For the Apple Watch application, you can:
- create windows. These windows are in Apple Watch format.
- add controls into the windows. Only the Static, Button and Image controls are available in an Apple Watch application.
- use WLanguage functions, properties and types. The icon is used to find out whether the feature is available in Apple Watch.
The iOS application and the Apple Watch application
can exchange data by using the following functions:
When the development is completed, you can generate the Xcode project used to compile the Apple Watch application and its associated iOS application on MAC:
- Click in the quick access buttons.
- Choose (if necessary) the first window displayed on the different platforms (iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
- The generation wizard starts. For more details on Xcode project generation, see Generating the application.