- Installing and starting WDMSG 25
- Setup package
- Extraction files
The projects created in WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile can be multilingual projects. In this case, all the messages found in the project (windows, pages, reports or controls) must be translated into the different languages.
A project can be translated according to several methods:
- The different elements found in your project can be translated one by one. This translation is performed in the "Details" tab of the description window of the created elements.
This translation can be easily performed via the "Translate" button . The "Translate" button is used to translate a selected input area according to the preferences defined in the options of the product used. Reminder: To define the requested options, on the "Home" pane, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of WINDEV/WEBDEV/WINDEV Mobile". This solution is suitable for small-size applications only, and it can quickly become cumbersome.
- You can use WDMSG. This tool is used to extract all the messages that can be translated or corrected in your project. Once translated, these messages can be reintegrated by WDMSG.
WDMSG is an optional tool of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile. If you do not own WDMSG, contact PC SOFT sales department or visit www.windev.com.
The extraction creates an "Extraction file" containing all the messages, captions of controls, ... This file can be:
- a text file,
- an HFSQL data file,
- a WDMSG file (recommended format, proposed by default).
If the extraction file is an HFSQL data file or a WDMSG file, the different elements of this file will have to be translated by WDTRAD. WDTRAD is a powerful translation tool based on the use of a dictionary.
If you already own a dictionary issued from a translation software (also called "Translation memory"), this dictionary can be used with WDTRAD. This allows you to take advantage of all the features of WDTRAD.
If the extraction file is a text file, the different elements of this file can be:
- translated directly or by a translation tool.
- checked by a spelling checker.
- modified to standardize the messages, the captions, ...
When translating or correcting the messages found in the extraction file, the format of this file (specific to WDMSG) must not be modified. Any change in the format of this file would prevent the reintegration of the various messages and elements translated or corrected.
WDMSG can also be used to:
- extract messages added or modified since last extraction. No more oversight with this feature. You can then translate these messages, then reintegrate them into your project.
- compare the project messages between two languages. This feature is used to find out whether translation errors occurred (text not translated or missing translations for example). You can then fix the different problems, then reintegrate the modified messages into your project.
See Using WDMSG
for more details.
Installing and starting WDMSG 25
- The WDMSG setup program 25 is available for download. The download link has been provided to you by email and/or with the product received.
- WDMSG 25 must be installed in the setup directory of WINDEV 25, WEBDEV 25 or WINDEV Mobile 25.
Caution: WDMSG 25 operates with WINDEV 25, WEBDEV 25 or WINDEV Mobile 25.
- WDMSG 25 starts directly from WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile 25.
- You must use the dongle supplied with WDMSG 25.
- Only the projects developed in WINDEV 25, WEBDEV 25 or WINDEV Mobile 25 can be handled by WDMSG 25.
The WDMSG setup package 25 allows you to install the following elements:
- WDMSG 25 and WDTRAD 25: caption extraction and translation tools for WINDEV 25, WEBDEV 25 and WINDEV Mobile 25 projects. Previous versions are also available:
- WDMSG 24 and WDTRAD 24: caption extraction and translation tools for WINDEV 24, WEBDEV 24 and WINDEV Mobile 24. projects.
- WDMSG 23 and WDTRAD 23: caption extraction and translation tools for WINDEV 23, WEBDEV 23 and WINDEV Mobile 23 projects.
- WDMSG 22 and WDTRAD 22: caption extraction and translation tools for WINDEV 22, WEBDEV 22 and WINDEV Mobile 22 projects.
- WDMSG 21 and WDTRAD 21: caption extraction and translation tools for WINDEV 21, WEBDEV 21 and WINDEV Mobile 21 projects.
- WDINT 25: extraction tools for messages displayed by WINDEV, WINDEV Mobile or WEBDEV frameworks (".DLL" files) and by Automatic Application Features (AAF).
- The extraction file in text format created by WDMSG 25 can be translated via a specific translation software or via WDTRAD 25, the translation tool supplied with WDMSG 25. WDTRAD 25 creates a new file containing the translated messages.
- The extraction file in HFSQL data file format or in WDMSG format created with WDMSG 25 can be translated by WDTRAD 25 only, tool for message translation supplied with WDMSG 25. The messages translated by WDTRAD 25 are found in the same file.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment