- Files tab
- Directory of files that will be used in test mode
- Information about the management mode of files
- Automatic reindexing
- Automatic creation of files
Project description: Files tab
The project description window allows you to configure various elements of your project. This window includes the following tabs:
- The "Project" tab, which allows you to enter general information about the project.
- The "Analysis" tab, which is used to associate an analysis with the project and/or with a UML model.
- The "Files" tab, which allows you to enter information about the data files used by the application (only if the project is bound to an analysis)
- The "Live data" tab, which allows you to configure how the data from the data files is displayed in the different editors.
- The "Languages" tab, which is used to configure the different languages used by the project as well as the options to be used for each language.
- The "Style" tab, which allows you to customize the print preview and to choose the skin template theme and the custom style sheet. You can also configure screen sizes.
- The "Group" tab, which is used to manage teamwork (SCM or GIT).
- The "Options" tab, which allows you to configure the template update, backup and synchronization options. This tab is also used to enable the strict mode and to define the code style.
- The "Advanced" tab, which allows you to configure how to use "Reports & Queries", AAFs and how to lock the application.
- The "Compilation" tab, which allows you to configure the compilation options.
- The "Telemetry" tab, which allows you to configure the telemetry options for the project.
This option is not available.
Directory of files that will be used in test mode
This option allows you to define the directory of the data files that will be used in test mode: debugging, Go for a window, page or project.
The directory used by default is the directory of the current configuration. You can specify a specific directory.
This option is useful if WINDEV is used in Windows Vista while the UAC is enabled: the directory of the application data can be used in test mode.
Information about the management mode of files
This option is used to define the management mode of the data files found in the application. By default, the applications created by WINDEV and WEBDEV are multi-user applications: the locks are automatically managed.
A file may have to be re-indexed when the index file is lost or damaged. An automatic reindex operation can be implemented for the data files.
Several parameters can be specified:
- the maximum number of records: If the data file contains less than XXX records, the reindex operation is automatically performed if an index error occurs. This value is set to 100000 by default. The automatic reindex operation is disabled if this variable is set to 0.
- the display of a progress window showing the status of the current reindex operation.
Remark: the automatic re-indexing is available for the HFSQL Classic et HFSQL Client/Server files only.
Automatic HFSQL assistance
This operation is used to enable the automatic management of errors by the HFSQL engine. For more details, see Assisted management of errors
Automatic creation of files
This option is used to automatically create the data files described in the analysis if these files do not exist when using functions that require their opening. In this case, HCreationIfNotFound
is automatically run.
This option is taken into account by the native connectors to SQL Server, Informix, Sybase, MySQL, MariaDB and PostgreSQL.
This page is also available for…