- Restoring an analysis
- Undoing the last generation
- Resetting the version number to 1
Managing the analysis versions
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile allow you to manage the different versions of the analysis from the data model editor.
To open the analysis linked to the project, click
in the quick access buttons.
The analysis versions can be managed from the data model editor: on the "Analysis" tab, in the "Analysis" group, expand "Generation" and select "Manage versions". Each analysis version corresponds to a generation of the analysis.
You can work:
- On the current version of the analysis.
- On an earlier version of the analysis.
Remark: When an analysis is damaged, you can:
- Repair the analysis: on the "Analysis" tab, in the "Analysis" group, expand "Maintenance" and select "Repair analysis". For more details, see Repair an analysis.
- Restore an earlier version of the analysis.
- Retrieve the last version of the analysis: on the "Analysis" tab, in the "Analysis" group, expand "Generation" and select "Last version saved".
All the versions of the analysis are displayed as a graph. The yellow square indicates the generation number of the analysis and the caption (on the right) indicates the generation date.
"Small rectangles" are displayed between two versions:
- One rectangle: few modifications have been made between the two versions.
- Several rectangles: several modifications have been made between the two versions.
To see the details of modifications performed between two versions, double-click the line containing the "small rectangles" or click the "Modifications" button.
The options available in the manager of analysis versions are:
- Restoring an analysis.
- Undoing the last generation.
- Resetting the version number to 1.
To restore an analysis from the manager of analysis versions:
- Select the version to restore.
- You can:
- Restore the version in the specified directory. An independent analysis corresponding to the selected version is created. This analysis will not be linked to the current project. This option is selected by default.
- Overwrite the current analysis. The restored analysis will be automatically linked to the current project.
- Validate. The restore operation is performed.
Caution: The data files associated with an analysis whose version number is greater than the restored version cannot be opened anymore. You must:
- Restore the data files corresponding to the analysis version that was restored (with WDLog for example).
- Delete the existing data files in order to re-create them.
Undoing the last generation
Undoing the last generation of the analysis allows you to restore the analysis to its state before the last generation. The modifications performed since the last generation are not applied.
To cancel the last generation of the analysis, on the "Analysis" tab, in the "Analysis" group, expand "Generation" and select "Cancel the last generation"
Resetting the version number to 1
The version number of the analysis can be reset to 1. In this case:
- The version number of the analysis is reset to one. The users will not be able to see the number of generations that have been required to develop the application.
- The versions of the different generations of the analysis are deleted.
Remark: These versions are located in the "ANAxxx" subdirectories, in the "<ProjectName>.ANA" subdirectory of the project.
No specific action is performed on the data files: the version number of the data file is not modified.
Resetting the version number of the analysis to 1 can be done at any time and it has no influence on the distributed analysis versions.
To reset the version number of the analysis to 1, on the "Analysis" tab, in the "Analysis" group, expand "Generation" and select "Reset analysis version to 1".
This page is also available for…