- Characteristics of dialog box
- Line break in the dialog box
- Application in the background: Android 10 specific case
In french: ErreurAvecDélaiAsynchrone
Displays a custom error message in a non-blocking system error window for a given amount of time. After the timeout, the system window is automatically closed.
- This is a non-blocking error window. The WLanguage code that follows the call to ErrorWithTimeoutAsynchronous continues to run. To close the window, the user must validate the OK button or wait for the end of the timeout. When the user clicks "OK", the code of a WLanguage procedure can be run.
- In the WLanguage code following the call to the function, another modal window cannot be opened before closing the dialog box.
- To use this function, you must integrate a custom dialog box into your project. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes.
- WINDEV allows you to apply the skin template of your project to this dialog box. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes.
// Display "An error was detected" in an error window
// This error window will be automatically closed after 10 seconds
ErrorWithTimeoutAsynchronous(1000, "An error was detected")
ErrorWithTimeout(<Timeout> , <Text> [, <WLanguage procedure>])
<Timeout>: Integer ou Duration
Amount of time (expressed in hundredth of second) before automatically closing the error window. This parameter can correspond to:
- an integer corresponding to the number of hundredths of a second,
- a Duration variable,
- the duration in text format (e.g., 1 s or 10 ms).
<Text>: Character string (with quotes)
Text to display.
<WLanguage procedure>: Name of procedure or lambda procedure, optional
Name of the WLangage procedure ("callback" procedure) called when the user clicks "OK" in the error window.
This WLanguage procedure can correspond to:
If this parameter is not specified, no procedure is run when the user clicks "OK" in the error window.
- a name of a global procedure,
- a name of internal procedure,
- a lambda procedure.
Characteristics of dialog box
- The title of the dialog box corresponds to the title of the current window (or page).
To comply with the system specifications, the title of dialog box is empty by default. To define this title, use NextTitle.
- To modify or define the title of dialog box, use NextTitle.
- The message is aligned to left.
- The button caption depends on the runtime language of Windows.
- The maximum number of characters cannot exceed 4096. If a larger string is passed in parameter, it will be truncated.
- The icon displayed (white cross) cannot be modified.
To customize this dialog box
(and all the system dialog boxes in your application), check "Customize the system windows (Info, YesNo, Confirm, Dialog)" in the "Style" tab of the project description. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes
To use this function, you must customize the dialog boxes in your application. In the project description window, in the "Style" tab, check "Customize the system windows (Info, YesNo, Confirm, Dialog)". For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes
Line break in the dialog box
The CR string (Carriage Return) can be used to force a break to the next line. For example:
ErrorWithTimeoutAsynchronous(500, "An error was detected while entering the address." + CR + ...
"Please modify the customer details.")
You also have the ability to use the syntax of multiline strings. For example:
An error was detected while entering the address.
Please modify the customer details.
- Timers (TimerSys) are not stopped when this function is called.
- Windows events are not stopped when this function is called.
- The caption of the button is displayed in the language used by Windows on the current computer.
- This function must not be used:
- in the event "Resizing" of the window. Otherwise, the application will be locked.
- in the event "Changing the orientation" of the window.
- in the event "Move to the foreground" associated with the project.
Remark: However, the function can be used in the event "Move to the foreground" of a window.
- in a thread.
This page is also available for…