- Features of the dialog box
- Line break in the dialog box
- Special cases
In french: InfoAvecDélaiAsynchrone
Displays a custom message in a non-blocking system information window for a given amount of time. After the timeout, the system window is automatically closed.
- This is a non-blocking error window. The WLanguage code that follows the call to InfoWithTimeoutAsynchronous continues to run. To close the window, the user must validate the OK button or wait for the end of the timeout. When the user clicks "OK", the code of a WLanguage procedure can be run.
- To use this function, you must integrate a custom dialog box into your project. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes.
- In the WLanguage code following the call to the function, another modal window cannot be opened before closing the dialog box.
- WINDEV allows you to apply the skin template of your project to this dialog box. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes.
// Displays an information window that automatically closes after 10 seconds
InfoWithTimeoutAsynchronous(1000, "Action successful!", MyProcedure_Info)
INTERNAL PROCEDURE MyProcedure_Info()
InfoWithTimeoutAsynchronous(<Timeout> , <Text> [, <WLanguage procedure>])
<Timeout>: Integer ou Duration
Amount of time (expressed in hundredths of a second) before automatically closing the system information window. The minimum timeout is 1 second. This parameter can correspond to:
- an integer corresponding to the number of hundredths of a second,
- a Duration variable,
- the duration in a readable format (e.g., 1 s or 1000 ms).
<Text>: Character string
Text to display.
<WLanguage procedure>: Optional name of procedure or lambda procedure
Name of the WLangage procedure ("callback") called when the user clicks "OK" in the information window.
This WLanguage procedure can correspond to:
If this parameter is not specified, no procedure is run when the user clicks "OK" in the information window.
- a name of a global procedure,
- a name of an internal procedure,
- a lambda procedure.
Features of the dialog box
- The title of the dialog box corresponds to the title of the current window (or page).
To comply with the system specifications, the title of dialog box is empty by default. To define this title, use NextTitle.
- To modify or define the title of dialog box, use NextTitle.
- The message is aligned to the left.
- The button caption depends on the runtime language of Windows.
- The maximum number of characters cannot exceed 4096. If a larger string is passed as parameter, it will be truncated.
- The icon displayed (information tooltip) cannot be modified.
To customize this dialog box
(and all the system dialog boxes in your application), check "Customize system windows (Info, YesNo, Confirm, Dialog)" in the "Style" tab of the project description. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes
To use this function, you must customize the dialog boxes in your application. In the project description window, in the "Style" tab, check "Customize system windows (Info, YesNo, Confirm, Dialog)". For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes
Line break in the dialog box
The CR string (Carriage Return) can be used to force a break to the next line. For example:
InfoWithTimeoutAsynchronous(500, "The form XXX was modified." + CR + "This form will be saved.")
You also have the ability to use the syntax of multiline strings. For example:
The XXX form has been modified.
This form will be saved.
- Timers (TimerSys) are not stopped when this function is called.
- Windows events are not stopped when this function is called.
- The caption of the button is displayed in the language used by Windows on the current computer.
- This function must not be used:
- in the event "Resizing" of the window. Otherwise, the application will be locked.
- in the event "Changing the orientation" of the window.
- in the event "Move to the foreground" associated with the project.
Remark: However, the function can be used in the event "Move to the foreground" of a window.
- in a thread.
This page is also available for…