- How to?
- Filter on a column
- Managing the filters through programming
- Proposing a filter through programming
- Don't propose the context menu for implementing a filter on the columns
- Storing filters
AAF: Automatic filter on the columns of Table controls
The user can filter the content of a Table control by displaying the records corresponding to a condition for example.
Remark: These filter options are also available for TreeView Table controls.
Filter on a column
This feature is automatically implemented in Table controls populated programmatically and in Table controls based on a data file, for columns with search (magnifier displayed in the column). Simply right-click the search icon to open the context menu of the column:
For managing filters, this context menu proposes:
- to implement a filter ("Filter"):
To do so, select a condition and type the requested value. The content of the Table control is filtered according to the specified condition.
Remark: The "Is empty" condition is used to display only empty elements in the column.
- to set a filter with one of the values in the column.
- to delete a filter that was previously set on the column ("Delete filter").
- to remember filters ("Remember filters").
If this option is enabled:
- the filters implemented when closing the window will be automatically run during the next window opening.
- A short message will be displayed to inform the user and to indicate the filters that are set.
- The display duration of this message can be configured by AAFConfigure.
- The toast does not lock the application and can be closed with a simple click.
- The context menus displayed when you right-click the column title and the search icon are different. For more details on the options of this context menu, see Context menu of columns.
- In a multilingual application, you have the ability to translate the context menu, see Configuring the menus of AAFs.
Managing the filters through programming
Proposing a filter through programming
Don't propose the context menu for implementing a filter on the columns
To avoid proposing the context menu for implementing a search and a filter on the columns, use AAFDisable
associated with the aafFilter
property is used to determine and specify if the filters set by the user on a Table control are saved when an application is closed and opened again.
When AAFConfigure is used with the aafToastDurationRestoreFilter constant, it allows you to define the amount of time a toast message appears on the screen to indicate the users that a filter has been set.
If you don't want to show the "Remember filters" and "Remember sorts" options in the context menu, simply use AAFDisable
with the aafSaveFilterAndSort